You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Torres

Paco

He isnt the player rafa thought he was because Rafa wont let him be the player that he was. He keeps fucking with him and making him play with his back to goal.

And yet he still got 12 league goals last year, the same as Berbatov who the press seem to Wank over (Lunnen bias I suppose). But yeah, your right FT, remember his debut, the way he shot on sight and looked to make things happen, a total breath of fresh air. Yet he wasnt playing like that come the seasons end was he ?

Im sure a year of understanding our system and a year of Rafa understanding Kuyt, will see a much better return from Kuyt next season.

Plus, while I looked for the Kuyt/Berbatov stats, I see Kevin Doyle scored 13 prem goals in just 28 starts last season, he's only 24, sign Doyle !:whistle:

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who would one rather sell ahead of Lil Luis?

I say Momo. Luis has done more for me. Possibly Riise but thats close. I just love Luis.

Now I love Luis as much as the next straight guy, but that must be the wrongest thing I've read since someone complemented a Hermes post. No thanks Thants, that's pants

And yet he still got 12 league goals last year, the same as Berbatov who the press seem to Wank over (Lunnen bias I suppose). But yeah, your right FT, remember his debut, the way he shot on sight and looked to make things happen, a total breath of fresh air. Yet he wasnt playing like that come the seasons end was he ?

Im sure a year of understanding our system and a year of Rafa understanding Kuyt, will see a much better return from Kuyt next season.

Plus, while I looked for the Kuyt/Berbatov stats, I see Kevin Doyle scored 13 prem goals in just 28 starts last season, he's only 24, sign Doyle !:whistle:

In fairness that is just because Berbatov has been a joy to watch and has looked vastly superior to Kuyt technically. However I hope and believe that there is alot more to come from Kuyt.

In fairness that is just because Berbatov has been a joy to watch and has looked vastly superior to Kuyt technically. However I hope and believe that there is alot more to come from Kuyt.

I wouldnt say that? Kuyt scored more league goals and Berbatov scored against shite in the Uefa cup. He has done a few decent things in the league but even a bottle top shines in shit. Over rated byt he southern media I reckon.

Now I love Luis as much as the next straight guy, but that must be the wrongest thing I've read since someone complemented a Hermes post. No thanks Thants, that's pants

Welcome back Remmie. Im in denial that Luis is going. I love Momo too but out of the two I'd rather lose Momo. Luis gives me more joy and thats what watching football is all about.

I am among Luis biggest fans and defenders on here, but he is 29, and it would make sense letting him go now instead of losing him for peanuts in a year. All good things must come to an end and Luis will forever be remembered.

I am among Luis biggest fans and defenders on here, but he is 29, and it would make sense letting him go now instead of losing him for peanuts in a year. All good things must come to an end and Luis will forever be remembered.

This is how i'll feel when Luis joins Athletico

thegraduate.jpg

I wouldnt say that? Kuyt scored more league goals and Berbatov scored against shite in the Uefa cup. He has done a few decent things in the league but even a bottle top shines in shit. Over rated byt he southern media I reckon.

Fair enough. Personally though I have been very impressed by Berbatov's all round game whereas Kuyt has impressed me more with his work rate rather than skill for the most part.

I saw that guy Graham Hunter on skysports this morning. he's a journo in spain. he says the most encouraging thing for Liverpool fans in this transfer saga is that the Atleticos chairman has said that Torres has a price like anybody else.

Fair enough. Personally though I have been very impressed by Berbatov's all round game whereas Kuyt has impressed me more with his work rate rather than skill for the most part.

Id agree with your point of view

Id go a little further and say that I see no signs of the technical abillity required to succeed at the very top level

Hopefully we will see it next season

Ah, but if you'd read my reply to FiveTimes, I dont think that is the case. Its more that Jol plays a different style of football. Think back to Kuyts debut and how he played for that 30 minutes (or however long it was), he was a joy to watch.

Im not saying we should change our style of play, Rafa will play, Rafas way, but to say what you say of Berbatov, when the two players play in very different teams doesnt do Kuyt justice.

Guest TK-421

Id go a little further and say that I see no signs of the technical abillity required to succeed at the very top level

I'm well up for Kuyt making you eat your Kuyt bashing posts with alphabeti spaghetti next season.

So we're wasting our money on Torres, Kuyt isnt good enough. Just who do you like in our forwards?

Apparently Athletico have signed Forlan and Riquelme from Villareal for a fee of £21million......

bargain if true.

just flashed up on my Btyahoo page.

Atletico Madrid have reportedly agreed a deal to sign Villarreal's South American pair Diego Forlan and Juan Roman Riquelme.

Spanish daily AS claims a fee of up to 30million Euros (£21million) has been agreed between the two clubs, and if that's the case it will only increase speculation that Fernando Torres is about to leave the Vicente Calderon.

Forlan has been a big hit at El Madrigal since leaving Manchester United in the summer of 2004. He was top scorer in his first season in La Liga.

He was strongly linked with a move to Barcelona last summer, but the Catalan giants ended up signing Chelsea's Eidur Gudjohnsen instead.

Forlan has a 23million Euro release clause in his Villarreal contract, and has been linked with Sunderland and Liverpool.

Riquelme meanwhile spent the second half of last season back in Argentina with his old club Boca Juniors on loan.

And AS claims Atletico must now persuade him to return to Spain.

Apparently Athletico have signed Forlan and Riquelme from Villareal for a fee of £21million......

bargain if true.

just flashed up on my Btyahoo page.

Atletico Madrid have reportedly agreed a deal to sign Villarreal's South American pair Diego Forlan and Juan Roman Riquelme.

Spanish daily AS claims a fee of up to 30million Euros (£21million) has been agreed between the two clubs' date=' and if that's the case it will only increase speculation that Fernando Torres is about to leave the Vicente Calderon.

Forlan has been a big hit at El Madrigal since leaving Manchester United in the summer of 2004. He was top scorer in his first season in La Liga.

He was strongly linked with a move to Barcelona last summer, but the Catalan giants ended up signing Chelsea's Eidur Gudjohnsen instead.

Forlan has a 23million Euro release clause in his Villarreal contract, and has been linked with Sunderland and Liverpool.

Riquelme meanwhile spent the second half of last season back in Argentina with his old club Boca Juniors on loan.

And AS claims Atletico must now persuade him to return to Spain.[/quote']

http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,16368,1776_2454569,00.html