You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rafael Benitez

Guest San Don

Do people who post stuff such as 'when he took over they were 4th and in the CL, now look where they are?' realise what utter shit that is?

Do they not realise he took over a team, irrespective of where they were, the previous manager had been sacked for poor results? Do they not realise that that was probably the hardest dressing room in the league if not Europe, and get an instant response from those players? Seriously?

Do they seriously think everything was great at that club when he took over? Do they not think di matteo was sacked for no reason?

Have a fucking word with yourselves. Even ferguson would have found it difficult to turn that dressing room around but, dont let a bit of myopia get in the way of objectivity.

Think Brownie is being a bit unfair but those defending Rafa are being over the top. The truth as ever is somewhere in between. He's done pretty well at Chelsea but he'd have to be really shit, or Code, to completely fuck up a team as expensively assembled as Chelsea.

Hahaha George Costanza: "fuck off and support chelsea or Benitez FC"

Yeah, my comments tonight sound like those of a real Chelsea supporter...

This is a joke right? Im going to give you the benefit of the doubt and say it is.

Celebrating this is like cheering on your ex wife sucking off some nobhead you cant stand and then tapping your sister on the back for finishing him off and swallowing his load.

Neither do I. I feel like throwing up knowing they've won two of the biggest prizes in English football because I don't think theres another club who deserve it less. Just in the taxi back home and TalkSport is on and theres Jason fucking Cunty, by god, another fucking prick.

Fucking bastards, lambasted their manager from the start, the embarrassing thick scum fuckers, and now they're sat here gloating about how great they are.

Suck my cock you fucking clueless pricks.

I need to calm down.

Do people who post stuff such as 'when he took over they were 4th and in the CL' date=' now look where they are?' realise what utter shit that is?

Do they not realise he took over a team, irrespective of where they were, the previous manager had been sacked for poor results? Do they not realise that that was probably the hardest dressing room in the league if not Europe, and get an instant response from those players? Seriously?

Do they seriously think everything was great at that club when he took over? Do they not think di matteo was sacked for no reason?

Have a fucking word with yourselves. Even ferguson would have found it difficult to turn that dressing room around but, dont let a bit of myopia get in the way of objectivity.[/quote']

If it was that bad, why did he take the job then?!

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Win or lose tonight, he's proven quality in Europe. There are a fair few undesirable traits, but he's a good football manager overall. I don't really see what the issue is. I'll always be grateful for number 5. As for Chelsea, fuck them, the plastic wankers.

Think Brownie is being a bit unfair but those defending Rafa are being over the top. The truth as ever is somewhere in between. He's done pretty well at Chelsea but he'd have to be really shit' date=' or Code, to completely fuck up a team as expensively assembled as Chelsea.[/quote']

I am being unfair, definitely, just re-dressing the balance a bit. I fail to see how this is such an achievement that people are bemoaning him being sacked 3 years ago. Inter obviously never happened.

The attitude towards Rodgers stinks and I don't think this kind of stuff helps. We need to get behind him.

Guest San Don
If it was that bad, why did he take the job then?!

So he's supposed to sit at home munching jaffa cakes while blerts like you say 'why's he not managing a club if he's that good?'

Oh, aye. Do try and keep up at the back.

So he's supposed to sit at home munching jaffa cakes while blerts like you say 'why's he not managing a club if he's that good?'

Oh' date=' aye. Do try and keep up at the back.[/quote']

Fact is, he had a great set of players and took over a team challenging on plenty of fronts. It was a good job to take in that sense, although a bit mental considering how hated he is by them.

You make it sound like Everest.

I don't know' date=' perhaps it was a chance to (i) earn a lot of money, (ii) win another major european honour and (iii) restore his managerial reputation after it's been unfairly slandered.[/quote']

You say unfairly slandered, I say he regressed.

I am being unfair, definitely, just re-dressing the balance a bit. I fail to see how this is such an achievement that people are bemoaning him being sacked 3 years ago. Inter obviously never happened.

The attitude towards Rodgers stinks and I don't think this kind of stuff helps. We need to get behind him.

What has this got to do with anything?

You do know its possible to be fully behind Rodgers whilst also having an affinity for a legendary ex manager and recognising his talents.

Perhaps people are bemoaning the stupid decision to sack him because even at our shittest under him we were better than our best since.

I am being unfair' date=' definitely, just re-dressing the balance a bit. I fail to see how this is such an achievement that people are bemoaning him being sacked 3 years ago. Inter obviously never happened.

The attitude towards Rodgers stinks and I don't think this kind of stuff helps. We need to get behind him.[/quote']

I agree with you mate. Rafa was great for us but it's time the support moved on. Hopefully we'll have a great future under Rodgers, I think it's possible.

When he took over from rdm they were already in a bad run of form, and they are also a team full of new players in transition.

He got them far in all competitions and got third ahead of spurs and arse while having to deal with a much busier schedule.

He also had to deal with a disgusting backlash from the fans which is clear to everyone had an effect on there early games.

He still managed to be a success through all this working with players he did not sign and had to show him no respect as they knew he was hated by fans and was definitely leaving.

He has done an excellent job for them ungrateful bastards unfortunately.

Guest San Don
Fact is, he had a great set of players and took over a team challenging on plenty of fronts. It was a good job to take in that sense, although a bit mental considering how hated he is by them.

You make it sound like Everest.

Fact is, that 'great set of players' as you call them, got the manager they were all in love with sacked for poor results and getting knocked out the CL. So the players werent that great then, were they? I mean if they couldnt do it for the manager they all 'loved' and 'respected' it was going to be a piece of piss getting them playing again, wasnt it?

You ignore the facts. FACT!

What has this got to do with anything?

You do know its possible to be fully behind Rodgers whilst also having an affinity for a legendary ex manager and recognising his talents.

Perhaps people are bemoaning the stupid decision to sack him because even at our shittest under him we were better than our best since.

We won a trophy last season to be fair (and made another final). Last season was much better than Rafa's last, in my opinion (as disappointing as the league was).

Guest San Don
TheFarm/PeterHooton ‏@TheFarm13 1h

Purslow Broughton & Ayre hang your heads in shame! #clueless ps & Chris Bascombe & Dave Maddock who undermined him at every opportunity!

Good on hooton there.

Fact is' date=' that 'great set of players' as you call them, got the manager they were all in love with sacked for poor results and getting knocked out the CL. So the players werent that great then, were they? I mean if they couldnt do it for the manager they all 'loved' and 'respected' it was going to be a piece of piss getting them playing again, wasnt it?

You ignore the facts. FACT![/quote']

Nah, you're ignoring the facts and re-writing stuff to make it look like an amazing achievement.

The facts are where they were when he took over and where they are now. The most accurate reflection of that, as ever, is the league position. I remember reading about how they'd win the league when he took over.

Oh okay. I didn't realise less than half a season at Inter (you know' date=' with a net spend of around -£20m) counts as 'regression'. After all, they've done incredibly well since he left, havent they?[/quote']

Net spend!