You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

RedinSweden

I have heard people on here and other people going on about this. They started a new season here yesterday, not sure if it is the latest (Jack bauer came back from China and got immediately handed over to a nasty terrorist).

I have not seen it before so i thought I'd give it a go. It's pretty good. A little heavy on the american our-country-is-in-danger drama and I thought handing over Bauer was a bit of a weak story, but it was a good start and I am deffo going to watch some of the earlier series. How many are there and is it worth going back to the beginning or have i ruined it by starting this latest one?

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey RIS

This is the start of season 6 and we're about 8 hours into day 6. it's well worth checking out the last 5 seasons as a few things refer back to them in this season

Persevere with it though mate as it gets a lot better as it goes on.

I am going to. I did enjoy it, I must have sounded more negative than i meant. It was good viewing. I will get hold of the first 5 series, maybe borrow them off the internet.

The 24 boat left the shore, and I wasn't on it. Just don't get the attraction (but I don't watch that sort of tv to be honest). It seems to be action and fireworks for MTV people affected by a.d.d.

Same here. I'm still waiting for the episode where he takes a half an hour shit, or reads the sport pages. It always just seems to be a fair to middling drama, with the added conceit of it being 'real time' having convinced people it is ground breaking telly.

Watched the second series. It started off alright, but the plot twists and sheer lack af any basis in reality really started to grate. 24 episodes is far too much time to fill, so they need to pad it out to such an extent that it just becomes silly.

FFS, any programme having nuclear weapons going off in the centre of los angeles is going to be a little far fetched!! Take it for what it is which is an exciting, action packed and clever piece of tv drama. Personally i love it.

Try this RiS, http://www.tv-links.co.uk/24_links.html

Well yeah, obviously. I was meaning things like his daughter getting kidnapped five times in one day.

"Stay there."

"OK dad."

*wanders off and marries a terrorist*

The 24 boat left the shore, and I wasn't on it. Just don't get the attraction (but I don't watch that sort of tv to be honest). It seems to be action and fireworks for MTV people affected by a.d.d.

I'd be of the same opinion. One thing that would bug me about it is the prior knowledge that Bauer will always survive, regardless of what happens.

Interesting point someone else made about the unrealistic amount of downtime too.

When does he clean the bath?

File his tax returns?

Mess up a recipe for spaghetti carbonara by using too much egg and regular instead of double cream?

Down with this sort of thing.

I'd be of the same opinion. One thing that would bug me about it is the prior knowledge that Bauer will always survive, regardless of what happens.

Interesting point someone else made about the unrealistic amount of downtime too.

When does he clean the bath?

File his tax returns?

Mess up a recipe for spaghetti carbonara by using too much egg and regular instead of double cream?

Down with this sort of thing.

He obviously does all of the above on any one of the 364 days in which he is not saving the world. Bauer is a legend.

Oh dear. What are the blokes like?

Dont worry, she had good story lines like 'Whoops i've stumbled onto another Terrorist' and 'Crikey theres a Puma and its running after me, i'd better wear a loose top'. Benny Hill 24 style.

The men all look like this:

WANA.jpg

unless they work for USA intelligence then they look like this

abpublic37.jpg

I enjoyed the first series but couldnt be bothered with the rest.

When I lived in Jersey for a bit, my cousin gave the box set of the first series, so I managed to watch It over the course of a week and thought It was fuckin great. When I tried to watch the second seires on the tv it just wasn't happening, It's to hard to watch on the telly I think. If you miss one episode, your fucked.