You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Whos your favourite poster?

CharleyKnight

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like Hermes a lot. He carries an aura about him, which gives the impression that he is very knowledgeable (which he is) but doesn't feel the need to post very often unless he is absolutly forced to. You get the impression he is part of the furniture though, especially when his name is among the active users at the bottom of the page. He wouldn't stand a chance against me in chess however,

I haven't voted for anyone yet. So fairly randomly...

NP - drunken genius

Paul - voice of reason. I knew we were in trouble earlier in the season when Paul started using sweary words to describe our perfomances.

Kopitegaz - sound guy and he gets me tickets

Red Nick - Should never be made to put his opinions down in writing. Defo a guy who can't talk if he's sat on his hands.

Hermes - he epitimizes Main Stand cool.

Uncle Meat - he reminds of my old uni mates

RiS - seems like a nice sort of guy.

Gazelle - a mention for having stolen NP's thunder with drunken posts yesterday.

Wool Woolson - cos he's gonna buy me a drink later.

I miss:

Noos

The Count

Credit from a TLW stalwart. Ta mate. Were you being nice to me because Im still in posession of your Arsenal Tickets? :tease:

I forgot to add AdamS.

(anyone else while we're at it?)

Me - but it's okay I've got it covered.

My favourite poster is me.

Jeeez - you spend a few months off the reservation and you get completely forgotten about.

This place used to be like Cheers to me - where everyone knows my name. Now its like a Welsh pub

Jeeez - you spend a few months off the reservation and you get completely forgotten about.

This place used to be like Cheers to me - where everyone knows my name. Now its like a Welsh pub

Two questions..

1. Who the fuck are you?

2. Will you please mind the sheep near the bar, they aren't for sitting on. In the traditional sense.

Incidently, I always quite like Mav's's's' posts, and he has the best avatar on here, for sure.

I like Hermes a lot. He carries an aura about him, which gives the impression that he is very knowledgeable (which he is) but doesn't feel the need to post very often unless he is absolutly forced to. You get the impression he is part of the furniture though, especially when his name is among the active users at the bottom of the page. He wouldn't stand a chance against me in chess however,

I'll give you the opportunity to be 100% right about me, edit your last sentence.

Alternatively, challenge me to a game of Chess and then you'll know how wrong you were.

What software do you use for these on-line chess challenges?

Ok, I've not played for years but be warned. I did come second in the under 11s Liverpool Schools Chess Congress back in 1980 so I'm quietly confident I can kick some arse.

I won a book token, which I used to buy Fantastic Mr.Fox by Roald Dahl from WH Smiths.

Bring it on.

What software do you use for these on-line chess challenges?

Ok, I've not played for years but be warned. I did come second in the under 11s Liverpool Schools Chess Congress back in 1980 so I'm quietly confident I can kick some arse.

I won a book token, which I used to buy Fantastic Mr.Fox by Roald Dahl from WH Smiths.

Bring it on.

Let me just say that Hermes is an exceptional chess player. He really is. Really.

Let me just say that Hermes is an exceptional chess player. He really is. Really.

Groovy! The only way to improve your chess is to have your arse well and truely kicked by someone better than you.

The last couple of games I've played have been against mates who have hardly played the game, so it's not been much of a challenge. Apart from that, just playing against the computer is boring so it'll be quite interesting to try against someone who is known to be good at it.