You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Honey, They're Playing Our Song!

nibbler

Hi All,

None of you know me, I'm a new poster on these boards, but I decided to start posting here having tried a number of other boards not to my liking. I've been watching posts for a while and think you lot are generally quite well informed and football savy lot, so thanks for having me.

Anyway for my first post I'd like to ask what everyone thinks of the Germans nicking our song for the end of World Cup Games. Personally, I'm hating it! It's our song, not the World's, it just makes me feel dirty all over having smelly Sausage munchers slaying it!

:no

Who is that godawful cover by anyway?!?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i think it's great. the germans love the song and i think a few clubs have recently adopted it. i remember drinking with a load of the leverkusen ultras after we lost there in 2002 and they asked us to teach them it and they would make sure they would sing it at old trafford (the saddos hand out song sheets!!). anyway, 2 or 3 weeks later, true to their word, they were blasting it out when they were there. when we went back in 2005, depite them taking a hiding on the night, at the end of the game they still played it for us, which i thought was a touch of class.

Well sure, a bit of fun between 2 friendly sets of reporters is one thing, and I've got nothing against Leverkusen, but wouldnt you feel agrieved if suddenly everyone started playing it as a sort of "football athem". Surely that song is part of what makes LFC so great and its affiliation to the aftermath of Hillsborough make it extra-special to us and us alone.

and its affiliation to the aftermath of Hillsborough make it extra-special to us and us alone.

But surely some of that relates to it being sung in Scotland and Italy at that time?

It's will always be Liverpools first and foremost. It will never become anyone's more than it is ours.

Istanbul?

Yeah well imitation is the best form of flattery!

If you mean the foto then yes, Istanbul. The pixel limit on avatars is a bit tough when you want to add detail.

That foto is cropped from a picture of me standing in front of Attaturk as I came over the brow of the hill and saw a sea of red in front of the stadium. What a night!

But surely some of that relates to it being sung in Scotland and Italy at that time?

It's will always be Liverpools first and foremost. It will never become anyone's more than it is ours.

Would it matter to you if noone remembered it was ours after a while? It would bother me!

That foto is cropped from a picture of me standing in front of Attaturk as I came over the brow of the hill and saw a sea of red in front of the stadium. What a night!
Yeah I recognised it. If not you.

Fucking amazing night!

Anyway hello and welcome... do you like monkeys?

Hi All,

None of you know me, I'm a new poster on these boards, but I decided to start posting here having tried a number of other boards not to my liking. I've been watching posts for a while and think you lot are generally quite well informed and football savy lot, so thanks for having me.

Anyway for my first post I'd like to ask what everyone thinks of the Germans nicking our song for the end of World Cup Games. Personally, I'm hating it! It's our song, not the World's, it just makes me feel dirty all over having smelly Sausage munchers slaying it!

:no

Who is that godawful cover by anyway?!?

I know you you always in the corner eating nuts and Crisps lol

Kind of an in joke... you obviously aint been reading enough. Generally monkeys that ride bulls or can easily fuck bears up. But all monkey's are pretty cool really.

Where's Stu?

Dude, there ain't no monkey that could take down a bear. Although that one that was fucking around with the lion was cool.

Well sure, a bit of fun between 2 friendly sets of reporters is one thing, and I've got nothing against Leverkusen, but wouldnt you feel agrieved if suddenly everyone started playing it as a sort of "football athem". Surely that song is part of what makes LFC so great and its affiliation to the aftermath of Hillsborough make it extra-special to us and us alone.

i don't agree with a word of that to be honest. in the 70's and early 80's the song was very popular with most english sides, but everyone still knew it was ours. it didn't stop it being special then. and as for the hillsborough connection making it special to us alone ... well it's not is it? celtic sing it all the time and have done for years, in fact they claim they sung it 1st. hillsborough didn't somehow give us some exclusive rights on the song.

rash has got it spot - we should feel proud that we have an anthem that the whole world wishes to share.

i don't agree with a word of that to be honest. in the 70's and early 80's the song was very popular with most english sides, but everyone still knew it was ours. it didn't stop it being special then. and as for the hillsborough connection making it special to us alone ... well it's not is it? celtic sing it all the time and have done for years, in fact they claim they sung it 1st. hillsborough didn't somehow give us some exclusive rights on the song.

rash has got it spot - we should feel proud that we have an anthem that the whole world wishes to share.

Yeah, Celtic have always protested they sung it first - I even read a terrible article somewhere where the Mancs claim they sung it first too!?!?

I never knew any other teams sung it aswell, but then I wasnt around in the 70s really.

Kind of an in joke... you obviously aint been reading enough. Generally monkeys that ride bulls or can easily fuck bears up. But all monkey's are pretty cool really.

Where's Stu?

They found a dead monkey behind Asda in Huyton dont you know?! Loads of bizzies there apparently (cos its illegal to own a monkey) and people had to have injections for rabies.

The bear won that round eh?