You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

credit card fraud

chrisbonnie

Has it been proven that the money was for actual Flowers tho ???

In Brussels ,the cinemas are a nightmare .they sneak in UNDER the fookin seats ,take the cards and put back the purse and money.Inevitably the cards used and maxed out within a hour ,usually from some Gare Du Noord Cafe/Shop/Brothel

There's gotta be a market for pocket sized mousetraps there...

• 3 years later...

Wife just got a call from the bank, they were suspicious as 900euro had been transferred to an account in Mauritius , they were right, thankfully they blocked the money and she had to cut up the card.

How the fuck do these scammers get this info? We've just come back from Krakow and Munich and i've just recently started using ebay so it could be either one. The security fella on the phone read out all the stuff we've used it for and then read out the 900euro one, the last place i used it was ebay through paypal.

Goddamn headwreckers!

Got done by some tosser in Leeds buying £50 worth of phone top-ups. Luckily it was a credit card so the company cancelled the transactions when I noticed them.

Never use your bank card online folks, if you get screwed you ain't getting your money back unless you have an insurance scheme with the bank. Always use credit cards for online shopping.

You will get your money back unless you have been astonishingly negligent, whether its a debit/credit card.

Some fucker put about £800 worth of flights on my card the other week, taking me well over my limit. I have to say, the bank were excellent and gave me the money back (including the charge for going over my limit) without any drama.

Got stung this week - went to pay for some shopping and my debit card was 'declined' - found out someone had borrowed £450.00. The bank were excellent, and I already have £250 back in my account and a new card.

Unfortunately someone, somewhere is paying for all this fraud, and I would imagine it's not the banks.

Wife just got a call from the bank, they were suspicious as 900euro had been transferred to an account in Mauritius , they were right, thankfully they blocked the money and she had to cut up the card.

How the fuck do these scammers get this info? We've just come back from Krakow and Munich and i've just recently started using ebay so it could be either one. The security fella on the phone read out all the stuff we've used it for and then read out the 900euro one, the last place i used it was ebay through paypal.

Goddamn headwreckers!

The most likely is you've used your card in a restaurant or somewhere and they have just duplicated your one off you. Happens alot with people out ttravelling. You are less likely to check your statements the days after,necause you are most likely still travelling. Most people rely on their cards while out travelling, so there is most likely quite a few bob on the card, so they can use it more. It is easier to get it off someone that is on holiday, since people let their guards down a little more.

I don't think the banks or police give a toss for minor credit card fraud in other countries.

So for your 1300 euro fraud in germany, that includes flights to riga from a uk credit card would involve police from maybe 3 countries. Not a chance