You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Which is your favourite season of The Wire?  

163 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your favourite season of The Wire?

• 2 weeks later...

Mcnulty: Hey, what the fuck? Let me guess, the Deputy? How's he got onto this so quick?

Daniels: I told him.

Mcnulty: You told him? Why would you be telling him?

Daniels: He's the Deputy for Operations, I arrested an aide to a state senator.How do I not tell him?

McNulty: Have you noticed there hasn't been a complaint from the senator? Know why? What is his driver doing coming out of the high-rises with so much money?

Daniels: I told the Deputy that.

McNulty: What did he say? Mind our own business? Give the man back his money and go the fuck away?

Daniels: Pretty much.Except he said a few things for my benefit, too.Like how I had shit all over him.Like how he was shutting us down, this week.

McNulty: The fuck he is.

Daniels: We're done. I go past Friday, and I'm buried. He told me that.

Mcnulty: He's gonna bury you? For what? You're doing your fucking job.

Daniels: You think the job is gonna save me? You think it's gonna save you? Chain-of-command. That's all I got from the Deputy, today.

McNulty: Chain-of-command? Did you tell your major about the senator's driver? Or the Colonel? No? Then where's your chain-of-command? What's the shift lieutenant doing going up the back stairs to the Deputy Ops?

Daniels: What are you saying?

McNulty: Nothing.

Daniels: Goddamn right.

Mcnulty: Why, he got something on you? You say you got the Deputy's ear. What the fuck's he got on you?

Daniels: Only rank, Detective.

Daniels: That son of a bitch McNulty asked me what the deputy has on me, he actually asked me that.

• 3 months later...

I watched the first series of this recently and enjoyed it even if I felt it took a while to get going.

I watched the first episode of the 2nd series and have found it really hard to motivate myself to keep going with it. Maybe it's just a time thing at the moment but I'm struggling to stick with it

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

I watched the first series of this recently and enjoyed it even if I felt it took a while to get going.

I watched the first episode of the 2nd series and have found it really hard to motivate myself to keep going with it. Maybe it's just a time thing at the moment but I'm struggling to stick with it

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Keep going ffs man.

The docks is the best series of all.

• Upvote 2

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...