You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Which is your favourite season of The Wire?  

163 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your favourite season of The Wire?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Nearly finished season 2. Getting better and better as more and more great characters in the show now following on from the first season.

This scene was sooooo funny

Dominic West is such a funny fucker, who provides great humour throughout.

That’s my favourite.

• 4 weeks later...

Not sure how much of this thread you’ve read if you’re only watching it for the first time but that’s based on actual events.

Ah, didn't actually know that.

When I start a show (especially when catching up), I try to avoid reading anything about it so I don't see any spoilers until I'm up to date or finished it.

Ah, didn't actually know that.

When I start a show (especially when catching up), I try to avoid reading anything about it so I don't see any spoilers until I'm up to date or finished it.

I’d definitely avoid reading back until you’ve finished mate.

But there’s a couple of brilliant threads on here to read when you’re done.

Finished season 4 last night. Beatifully set up for the finish.

Not up to the standard of the first 3 seasons (mainly because the team has been disbanded), but still superb and very compelling, especially with schools theme.

Starting last season now. Will have to binge watch as only 10 episodes left to watch.

Can't wait to finish it to be honest so I can read up everything that I've been trying to stay clear from.

Also want to watch the extras from the box set if I can find online.

• Upvote 1

Finished season 4 last night. Beatifully set up for the finish.

Not up to the standard of the first 3 seasons (mainly because the team has been disbanded), but still superb and very compelling, especially with schools theme.

Starting last season now. Will have to binge watch as only 10 episodes left to watch.

Can't wait to finish it to be honest so I can read up everything that I've been trying to stay clear from.

Also want to watch the extras from the box set if I can find online.

Won't say much except that I remember being exactly where you are now, devastated that I only had one season left and determined to enjoy every second of it.

It ... did NOT live up to what I was hoping for.