You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

absolute legend

Guest cliff_bling

Guest cliff_bling

me and laffinfella were in town last night having a jam and joint like rock stars, what happened on the way there has confirmed legendary status of someone in my eyes.

Laffinfella was waiting for me in town. I was driving down cheap side and was greeted by the site of a fucking huge white hummer. we parked up behind the hummer which was opposite the tattoo parlour.

Then, out from the tattoo parlour walks Djibril Cisse, wearing the silver Candy away kit. Legend

Guest cliff_bling

he's certiainly passionate about the club, getting married in red, wearin an away shirt, go 'ead djibril, how many other players would actually wear a kit for their team when not actually playing for them, fucking mad bastard

he's certiainly passionate about the club, getting married in red, wearin an away shirt, go 'ead djibril, how many other players would actually wear a kit for their team when not actually playing for them, fucking mad bastard

I agree he is absolutely ace and I love him. I think he will be brilliant this year, he is very up for it. But i am keeping him in my cult pile for a while.

Djibril on pre-season

"But in the running tests I was the one who jumped the highest and ran the fastest. No-one at Liverpool can beat me!"

Jumped the highest! - it's like he's just finished his first day at school and can't wait to tell his mum. Legend or not he's pure entertainment and if he learns a bit of composure in a one-on-one he'll have a right season.

I reckon he can do it on the pitch and will do.

Same here. He has the confidence and mental strength that Heskey lacked, plus he scores goals.

My view of him is that he really wants to do well for us as he has a real feeling for the club and fans. I don't think Heskey (or even Owen) had that to be honest. It is an honour to play for Liverpool and Cissé believes that.

He's got everything in the locker to be a massive success here - pace, power, skill. He just lacks a bit of composure but that will come as he is still a young lad.

Well he was a couple of feet off the ground when he lashed in the sweetest volley I've seen in a long time, on Tuesday night.

He really seems up for it, from what I can see. He's still to prove his goalscoring record can transfer here, but his commitment and desire can never be questioned. He bust a gut to get back before the end of last season and he achieved it. Not only that, but he topped it off nicely by scoring one of the penalties and added a goal in the last game to the one in the first of the season.

In him, I see shades of Carra too. He wasn't a Liverpool fan as a kid, as far as I know. But while here, he's giving everything he's got, to the club and the fans who love him. He's really immersing himself in the club, I'd imagine learning the history too, like Benitez and Carra as well.

On the other hand, there are certain other players who have professed their dreams of playing for Liverpool. One of them has just pissed off to Inter, a few weeks after agreeing terms with the club. And the other is doing a physio table crawl like some of us do pubs. If this one player showed half of the application and desire to be fit and perform, that Djibril has done, he wouldn't have fans cursing him.

Legend status is something that is used far too freely nowadays. Words are cheap to some people and they just use them. How I hate to hear the most banal everyday things being proclaimed as "AWESOME!!!" I know everybody has different tastes, but some really do use words in the most inappropriate manner. I suppose it comes from TV and American TV in particular.

I can just imagine now, the scenario of a Sunday park league scrambled goal being scored at 'old toilet' and the Glazers jumping up and shouting AWESOME!!!

How did I get here? Oh yeah, Djibril's 1990 shirt making him a legend...

Same here. He has the confidence and mental strength that Heskey lacked, plus he scores goals.

My view of him is that he really wants to do well for us as he has a real feeling for the club and fans. I don't think Heskey (or even Owen) had that to be honest. It is an honour to play for Liverpool and Cissé believes that.

He's got everything in the locker to be a massive success here - pace, power, skill. He just lacks a bit of composure but that will come as he is still a young lad.

Kinell Col, a sensible post about a real subject.

Got an intervieww today or summit ? :whistle:

Oi Taffy,

Anymore of that and the sheep gets it ;)

THE sheep gets it ? Singular ?

Ive got loads of em, Col, all well trained through clever use of mint sauce, they all love me. I've even got some lamb chops in the freezer in case I fancy some Necrophilia ..... 8)

He's more "cult hero" than legend right now, but in time I reckon he could put himself up there. You can't help but love the bloke, and he actually has shitloads of ability too. I honestly think he'll do the business for us this season.