You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Israel - A Rant

Rashid

1 hour ago, Redder Lurtz said:

I work with a very nice Muslim lady, full hijab and all that. As I was leaving the office last night I said to her that I thought I'd have a news-free night as it's all so fucking depressing. Her response was

"Yeah well it's okay for Ukraine to fight back but when Palestine does everyone kicks off."

That's a slightly fucking worrying stance for a British Muslim to take I think. Clearly she won't be alone with that opinion either. 

I didn't answer. I didn't know how to say "yes but Hamas are cunts too" without getting into a whole Islam terrorist / Jew terrorist debate. 

without condoning Hamas, she has a point(imagine having family in Gaza now).

Ukrainians are freedom fighters whilst Palestinians are terrorists (and we all know atrocities are committed by both sides in war)

I thought that fella on the BBC clip nailed it when he said how many are Israel asked to condemn their own actions?

It seems in the west generally there isn’t even a narrative put forward that they are as bad as each other.  

• Upvote 4

It's always non-western people who are asked to act as spokespersons for the acts of people with no direct link to them.

Islamic fundamentalist goes on a killing spree, the Muslim community needs to come out and condemn it, each individual person who shares some semblance of the same faith needs to come out and condemn it publicly or they are guilty by association.

I've never once been asked to condemn the atrocities committed by a single white person/group.

• Upvote 10

When I was younger I remember watching Newsround and the Gaza Strip being discussed. 

As I have gotten Older I unfortunately never educated myself on this conflict and have been quite ignorant therefore. 

From the weekend I have decided to learn/Educate myself more on this conflict and decided to go back 20 odd pages on the GF to see what was happening. 

I have no further knowledge on the Conflict but have come to the below conclusions. 

1. Poor Tommy T or whatever your name is. Telling other people their points of view are either good or bad without offering any reasonable points to the discussion is pointless. 

2. Regardless of our Middle Eastern members and their view points on discussions- dont start throwing shit at them because they dont conform to your view points. 

3. If Red Phoenix is back do we get a book on the conflict as that will really help me discern more about what is going on. 

4. Stronts- Stop hiding behind reps and negs on the subject- Either come out and say what you think or go back to another thread. 

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Fowlers God said:

When I was younger I remember watching Newsround and the Gaza Strip being discussed. 

As I have gotten Older I unfortunately never educated myself on this conflict and have been quite ignorant therefore. 

From the weekend I have decided to learn/Educate myself more on this conflict and decided to go back 20 odd pages on the GF to see what was happening. 

I have no further knowledge on the Conflict but have come to the below conclusions. 

1. Poor Tommy T or whatever your name is. Telling other people their points of view are either good or bad without offering any reasonable points to the discussion is pointless. 

2. Regardless of our Middle Eastern members and their view points on discussions- dont start throwing shit at them because they dont conform to your view points. 

3. If Red Phoenix is back do we get a book on the conflict as that will really help me discern more about what is going on. 

4. Stronts- Stop hiding behind reps and negs on the subject- Either come out and say what you think or go back to another thread. 

Stronts is repping posts calling for genocide. I think he's made his view relatively clear.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

39 minutes ago, Fowlers God said:

Is that not exactly what this posts consists of?

2 hours ago, Kevin D said:

The Israeli government has been responsible for funding and promoting Hamas from it’s very start, trying to disrupt and split support from more moderate Palestinian political voices. Ones that could be more palatable and supported by western allies. This is well known.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

I noticed James Cleverly's statement stating that the UK Jewish community's safety is a priority. All very commendable and fair enough.

Does this extend to the UK Muslim community too?

not the Palestinian Muslim community.  Only the Saudi Muslim community.

15 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

I noticed James Cleverly's statement stating that the UK Jewish community's safety is a priority. All very commendable and fair enough.

Does this extend to the UK Muslim community too?

its quite sinister really.

immigrants,brown ones in particular,are demonised at the highest levels of government yet this 1 particular sector of society is in danger.

Migrant attacked only moments after landing on Kent beach | The Independent | The Independent

It's very sinister. Like I say I've no issue with the Jewish community being protected as there will always be dickheads who go way beyond protesting  and we don't want people (especially kids) being attacked for wearing a yarmulke or dressing as some orthodox Jews do (its very modest dress and it does make them stick out strangely).

But the same has to apply for the other community who are unfortunately caught up in the absolute horror of the current situation in the middle east.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

Is he that simple? Does he not consider how this could escalate?

But it satisfies the wild eyed majority of that country who believe one Jewish life is worth 100 Palestinian lives.  He's playing to the gallery, which is mostly made up of cunts just like him.

15 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

It's very sinister. Like I say I've no issue with the Jewish community being protected as there will always be dickheads who go way beyond protesting  and we don't want people (especially kids) being attacked for wearing a yarmulke or dressing as some orthodox Jews do (its very modest dress and it does make them stick out strangely).

But the same has to apply for the other community who are unfortunately caught up in the absolute horror of the current situation in the middle east.

Christians and jews and muslims lived together in Palestine for ages with no problems. Jews were never the problem. The problem started when the zionists came.

• Downvote 1