You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

In two years

johnb

Have we gone?

1. Forward.

2. Backward.

3. "Levelled off"

State you answer and give your opinion on GH and whether he should stay/go.

This is based on the current table and not on yesterday's game - which I didn't go to - and so have no right to comment on.

From the enemy, .tv .....

Houllier said he doesn't understand why he has come under criticism from fans and pundits alike and says he has a better success record than Sir Alex Ferguson at Manchester United.

Houllier said: "Liverpool has really been my team for four years and in that time we've won six trophies - that's more than Alex Ferguson won over a similar period when he arrived at Manchester United.

"I don't understand where the problem is. We've been in the Champions League twice, we've improved our training centre, we have renovated Anfield and now we hope to obtain a building licence for our new stadium.

"I have done a lot for this club and I'm proud of what I have accomplished because at the beginning there weren't many big names in this team.

"There were some quality players who, under me, have progressed like Michael Owen and Steven Gerrard.

"Michael Owen has won the European Footballer of the Year while I've been in charge and I discovered Steven Gerrard in the Academy when he was 17 and he has become an England international.

"It's the same thing for Danny Murphy and Sami Hyypia. I often say that you can't programme success but you can - and we must prepare for it in the right way."

So that's cleared that one up then. He 'discovered' Steven Gerrard, he made Owen into European Footballer of the Year, and he's made sure we have a nice sparkling training ground, so what the fuck are we moaning about?

The above is the most egotistical, self congratulatory bollocks I've read in a long time.

The fact that the man is spouting shite about a training ground speaks volumes about how fuckin ridiculous the whole mess has become.

Ferguson at the beginning never had (the then equivilent) £125 million to spend at OT, he was only given money in 1990.........so that's that one fucked Gerrard.

He's desperate.

And after that pish on saturday so are we.

Fourth ?

Not a fuckin chance.

Guest Trev.....

I can't honestly see us finishing in the top 5. We've got that "tired" look about us that Evans's teams had at the end of his reign.

A change of management can't come soon enough. GH has made so many bad decisions in the last 2 years that I don't even get angry about them any more. How can he say we're preparing for success and then say we're aiming for fourth place? How can the team be successful with the absolute sh#te we've got in it?

The boos at the end of the match on Saturday said it all

A change of management should have come in the summer - if not before.

It's too late now.

The season is a write-off.

I blame the board.

I can't see how ANYONE could have had faith in Gérard after last season.

A fair few of us were ridiculed on here for daring to suggest we were finished.

Unfortunately, we are.

Fourth place people. Consider it and weep.

Steve,

What I meant by that "Fourth place people. Consider it and weep.", was that it's shameful that the limit of LFC's expectations is 4th.

I said in August that I thought 7th or 8th was more realistic. We got 64 points last season and that got us fifth.

This season, we need 46 points from the remaining 25 games to EQUAL that!!! Progress?

Bearing in mind it's taken us 29 games to get out latest 46 points (end of last season and beginning of this), I'd say we're pretty fucked.

£79m (net) and this is what we get served up.

Thanks for the "legacy" GH.

So much for changing our style of play.

What about Villa, Portsmouth and now Boro ?

What he means is, this season, we raised our game against Arsenal and a poor (on the day) United side who were more than there for the taking.

And still lost.

He should've fallen on his sword in May.

Failing to qualify for this years Champions League SHOULD'VE meant the end.

But he's duped the board again with his bullshit and bought himself time and now we're back to square one.

It 'aint gonna happen, chums. If he goes it will be at the end of the season. I'm not saying I agree with that, but he won't go any earlier. He doesn't sound like he has any intention of falling on his sword. If we finish 17th he will come out with an excuse and say that we will improve. He's a stubborn bugger and I think he'll have to be pushed, which the board don't have the will to do mid-season.

Guest heropsychodreamer

Sometimes you have to take one step back before you can take three steps forward... I honestly think we are much closer now, than we was a year ago...

Let`s get our crucial players back...and give the new tactic`s a chance... We all knew it would`nt click into place immediately!

Walk on!

Guest smiler908

i thouht up to this season we had gone forward, but it seems we have gone backwards, i can not understand why though we have a good squad of players. im sure it will click into place, but when?

Guest Original202

That interview made me sick. Dont know if its just .tv twisting it, but GH sounds like a right egotistical twat. Mind, he speaks complete balls all the time anyway, but dont forget we are a young side yadda yadda yadda.

And what does having a good training ground count for? By the way Gerard, we started building that under Evans. And we've improved the stadium? Er, no, we havent, and even if we had it doesnt qualify you for manager of the year!

Very strange interview. Even by his standards.

So where did it come from? Anyone shed any light on that? Was he misquoted, did .tv twist it, is it more than one interview cobbled together or is it just the usual GH spouting bollocks?

I heard it was from L'Equipe from a couple of months ago, but don't know for sure? Rushian? Anyone?

Guest Original202

Are you guys suggesting .tv havent actually conducted an interview from themselves and they've actually stolen it from other sources to make it look like their own work?

Thats scandalous!

Its backfired on them - again. It reads badly, and it makes Houllier look like a real big head.