You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

PODCAST: Liverpool 4 Tottenham Hotspur 2 - Match Reaction

19 hours ago, Remmie said:

I hate to be critical because I love the pod, but the constant references to the group chat that the vast majority of us aren't on, is beginning to grate. I don't want to just moan about it though, it'd be great to find a solution where all the reports, rants, memes and hot takes could be accessible to all listeners. Not sure if you can have a group chat with hundreds of members but only a select few that can add to it? 

I’m sorry it’s annoying mate. Genuinely. I guess it’s just that as a group of mates that’s how we communicate; in fact that chat far precedes the relaunched pod.

To be honest, when we’re chatting - speaking only for myself - I’m obviously aware that we’re recording, but the public consumption of the conversation is usually pretty far from the front of my mind as it just feels like an extended chat with the boys; the two tend to blur into each other in my head. 

I guess we could try and drop the bits we refer to (Tweets, videos, etc) into the relevant thread on here. However, it won’t surprise you to know that I frequently can’t remember the detail of most of what I’ve said, even immediately after we finish recording. 

Will try and think on though - and also try not to reference it so much. On reflection I may be the worst culprit as I flounder round for a vague memory of something and am not sure where it came from. 

It’s because I developed a long-standing habit of deliberately avoiding trying to retain things to memory as a coping mechanism for an obscenely stressful job where I was I constantly bombarded with information and expected to act on it.  I therefore just relied on various technical solutions (calendar, reminders, emails, etc) instead of my brain. Unfortunately, that has (partially - age and being a tit are factors too) led to the memory debacle to which you’re all exposed every other pod or so. 

Soz.  Must. Do. Better.

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, razor said:

Paul, I think the podcast on visualisation was referring to Antony Gordon.  It stuck in my craw as much as it did my mind as they were shocked that somebody from Liverpool could do such a thing.

On the FSG criticism, I do agree with you that what we have is the preferred model - mixing established big buy quality alongside youth development.  We need a pathway for homegrown talent, but that pathway needs to be a supported one to ensure quality development and the correct balance in the first team.

But I also do think that it is easy to say it is brilliant right now because we do currently have that blend.  For me, FSG were absolute mingebags at a few key points in Klopp's reign.  There weren't talented youngsters that were ready, and there were clearly visible holes that they wouldn't spend money on filling.  My own belief is that was a choice.

Anyway, as ever, I agree with about 99% of what you say.  (I even agreed with your Salah rant and I hadn't had 5 cans....!)

Great listen again - ta.

Cheers Ray. 

(It was four cans. The reality was even more pathetic than the version Dave referred to!)

11 minutes ago, Paul said:

I’m sorry it’s annoying mate. Genuinely. I guess it’s just that as a group of mates that’s how we communicate; in fact that chat far precedes the relaunched pod.

To be honest, when we’re chatting - speaking only for myself - I’m obviously aware that we’re recording, but the public consumption of the conversation is usually pretty far from the front of my mind as it just feels like an extended chat with the boys; the two tend to blur into each other in my head. 

I guess we could try and drop the bits we refer to (Tweets, videos, etc) into the relevant thread on here. However, it won’t surprise you to know that I frequently can’t remember the detail of most of what I’ve said, even immediately after we finish recording. 

Will try and think on though - and also try not to reference it so much. On reflection I may be the worst culprit as I flounder round for a vague memory of something and am not sure where it came from. 

It’s because I developed a long-standing habit of deliberately avoiding trying to retain things to memory as a coping mechanism for an obscenely stressful job where I was I constantly bombarded with information and expected to act on it.  I therefore just relied on various technical solutions (calendar, reminders, emails, etc) instead of my brain. Unfortunately, that has (partially - age and being a tit are factors too) led to the memory debacle to which you’re all exposed every other pod or so. 

Soz.  Must. Do. Better.

I feel like a prick pointing it out mate, and I don't really want you to change your habits as it's great to listen to you all in full flow. I wanted to point it out to see if we can come up with a solution because I think it'd really add to the listener experience to know what you are referencing. Like you say you could drop it in the thread or perhaps link it to the pod. Ideally there would be some kind of group chat or real time reference point with all the listeners involved but unable to pitch in as it will be a sea of noise. 

• Upvote 1

I really enjoy these ‘chat’ pods.  I’m already in a place where I’m really excited for next year and a fresh pair of eyes. It’s very clear that Klopp needs to finish up this summer, even just for his own mental health, and so I’m now eager for next year.  I’m not expecting much and think that the only target should be top 4. Due to international tournaments he’ll only get to see some players a few weeks before the start of the season, so he deserves a free hit next year. 

One thing I did disagree with was regarding Nunez. @dave u had said on a few recent pods that only 5 weeks ago everyone was happy with him and it’s only the last few weeks that people have stalled on that. I don’t believe that’s correct. I think the vast vast majority have been extremely concerned for a long time but have been giving great support and hoping that the glimpses of quality would become more sustained and voicing that view.  I just think the last few weeks is where a lot of fans just resigned themselves to the idea that it’s never going to come good for him and they’ve given  up on him. 

I’ve given up on him too, but I don’t think he should leave. Let Slot have at least until the winter window to see if he can salvage him, and then send him out on loan if he’s still breaking windows outside the stadium. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JohnnyH said:

then send him out on loan if he’s still breaking windows outside the stadium. 

That's not the case though is it? The only think he's likely to break are the goalkeeper's ribs when he blasts it into his midriff time and time again.

On 08/05/2024 at 18:53, Remmie said:

I feel like a prick pointing it out mate, and I don't really want you to change your habits as it's great to listen to you all in full flow. I wanted to point it out to see if we can come up with a solution because I think it'd really add to the listener experience to know what you are referencing. Like you say you could drop it in the thread or perhaps link it to the pod. Ideally there would be some kind of group chat or real time reference point with all the listeners involved but unable to pitch in as it will be a sea of noise. 

Let us all in the group chat. 

2 minutes ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

Let us all in the group chat. 

But only pod members can write anything otherwise it's essentially an ff match thread and a wall of noise and bitching

It’s a mates group chat. If they let everyone in then they’d just have to start up a separate group chat, and then the one everyone was let into would just get quieter and quieter. Leave it as is.  They only ever reference someone saying something in the group chat and then repeat what was said. That’s grand. 

• Upvote 2

• dave u unpinned this topic