You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Ruben Amorim

1 minute ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

Would it really be any worse than Alonso or Amorim? 

Tidy-beard club. 

Fuck off. 

Alonso yes, Amorim not so sure. 

Good fucking God Gerrard

Might aswell bring Careagher with him as his assistant. 

They'll be throwing players under the bus within weeks

That's your there with the give it to Giggseh or the blood give it big Dunc in shit shouts

3 hours ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

I want Gerrard as manager. 

We can talk about tactical set-ups all we want, but our top strength has always been our supporters and having a manager capable of harnessing that.  

I don't see it with Alonso, I don't see it with Amorim, but I do see it with Gerrard. 

I want another 10 year manager, someone who sees this job as the pinnacle of their career. 

He's got loads of room to grow, loads of time on his side, loads of credit in the bank (both figuratively and literally), and has a point to prove in this country.  

Good one - best wind-up all year …

11 hours ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

I want Gerrard as manager. 

We can talk about tactical set-ups all we want, but our top strength has always been our supporters and having a manager capable of harnessing that.  

I don't see it with Alonso, I don't see it with Amorim, but I do see it with Gerrard. 

I want another 10 year manager, someone who sees this job as the pinnacle of their career. 

He's got loads of room to grow, loads of time on his side, loads of credit in the bank (both figuratively and literally), and has a point to prove in this country.  

Ah god love ya!

• Upvote 2

55 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Apart from Palmer, has anybody at Chelsea excelled?

Palmer's been very good, which is part of the point, he's not letting the others drag him down. In the games I've seen, I also think gusto has been excellent - although I don't watch loads of them. 

I see it a little like when we were a bit shit. It never stopped Gerrard being brilliant. Colwill has looked like a lost boy when I've seen him this season. 

44 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Palmer's been very good, which is part of the point, he's not letting the others drag him down. In the games I've seen, I also think gusto has been excellent - although I don't watch loads of them. 

I see it a little like when we were a bit shit. It never stopped Gerrard being brilliant. Colwill has looked like a lost boy when I've seen him this season. 

A centre back and an all action midfielder are somewhat different. If the rest of side doesn’t function, defenders find it hard to excel, see VVD last season. 

I’ve not seen much of Colwill either. I see Opta ranks him as Chelsea’s best performing defender, which whether we agree with those metrics or not, the club will look at something similar / have their own evaluation tools.

We were linked with him reasonably heavily last summer. We’ll likely have more of a need for him this summer. We obviously rate him, he ticks a lot of boxes. 

36 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

A centre back and an all action midfielder are somewhat different. If the rest of side doesn’t function, defenders find it hard to excel, see VVD last season. 

I’ve not seen much of Colwill either. I see Opta ranks him as Chelsea’s best performing defender, which whether we agree with those metrics or not, the club will look at something similar / have their own evaluation tools.

We were linked with him reasonably heavily last summer. We’ll likely have more of a need for him this summer. We obviously rate him, he ticks a lot of boxes. 

Well we did rate him, but there's every chance Hughes has other ways of looking at data. It's likely he won't do much in time to change this summer, but I don't think it's a lock in who was near the top of the list before still is. And of course they have another years data on colwill. 

I just don't think he's stood out and he's going to cost vvd type money to get him. I think that's too much and I've no real desire to bail Chelsea out of their ffp hell. 

I like the cut of this guys jib, although he plays 3-5-3 doesn't he? That wont work in the premier league and our squad is completely geared towards 4-3-3. Would he change his system? 

48 minutes ago, Mathewbet1 said:

I like the cut of this guys jib, although he plays 3-5-3 doesn't he? That wont work in the premier league and our squad is completely geared towards 4-3-3. Would he change his system? 

Conte won a title switching to 3 at the back.

Our squad is also full of players who have been converted to fit a 4-3-3 or have played in other systems elsewhere, we bought midfielders in the summer who could play as #8/#10 hybrids to fit the 3-2-2-3 formation we started playing at the tale end of last year.

Szoboszlai was a #10/wide player predominantly in Germany, Elliott is better suited to the ten/half space further up the field than a traditional centre mid.

Konate and Van Dijk have both played in a three at various times in their career and operate the majority of their time in a three here and Gomes is perfectly suited to the wide centreback role having operated as both a CB and fullback, Quansah is more than comfortable on the ball and bringing it out of defence.

Our fullbacks have always operated more as wing back's forming part of the attacking 5 especially in Klopp's more traditional attacking setup of 2-3-5 when they were racking up massive numbers for assists.

The front three operate in much the same way in both systems being fluid and interchangeable.

We arguably have an overabundance of the more progressive midfielder in a double pivot and a lack of pure defensive midfielders with Mac Allister, Gravenberch, Jones and Bajcetic next to Endo but you could make do with a few of those players playing in the more defensive role (Bajcetic and Mac Allister in particular) depending on the opposition.

16 hours ago, chrisbonnie said:

you are joking, arent you?

Has to be. Jousting with world's best technically astute managers in the world with decades of experience needs the same type of experience even if in another country or league. 

4 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

Well we did rate him, but there's every chance Hughes has other ways of looking at data. It's likely he won't do much in time to change this summer, but I don't think it's a lock in who was near the top of the list before still is. And of course they have another years data on colwill. 

I just don't think he's stood out and he's going to cost vvd type money to get him. I think that's too much and I've no real desire to bail Chelsea out of their ffp hell. 

Branthwaite over Colwill all day, for multiple reasons, including what you mentioned above. Branthwaite has been much better this season, plus Colwill turned us down once so I wouldn't go back for him. I also like the idea of taking Everton's best player because they aren't in a position to say no.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

42 minutes ago, dave u said:

Branthwaite over Colwill all day, for multiple reasons, including what you mentioned above. Branthwaite has been much better this season, plus Colwill turned us down once so I wouldn't go back for him. I also like the idea of taking Everton's best player because they aren't in a position to say no.

Signing Brantwaithe is the equivalent of Everton signing Michael Keane a few years ago. You are absolutely mental Usher. 

34 minutes ago, RobbieOR said:

Signing Brantwaithe is the equivalent of Everton signing Michael Keane a few years ago. You are absolutely mental Usher. 

Yeah, I don't know how anyone can be so sure Branthwaite is a good footballer. Yeah, he's 6 foot 5 and athletic, which is great, but he has to hoof it constantly under Dyche and the defensive style he's playing is not similar to anything he would play at a big club.

It's a massive scouting job.

1 hour ago, Trojan1892 said:

Branthwaite is a fucking cart horse, once he joins a team playing high line he’s going to make slabhead look like a prime Baresi.

If Amorim is our guy he’ll end up bringing Inacio with him imo 

Probably be this fella instead