You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Luton (H) - Wed 21st Feb 2024 (7:30pm)

Trumo

Just now, George Costanza said:

Had a horrible suspicion tonight was when it starts to unravel.  Our form hasn't been brilliant but the mounting injuries and having to constantly chop and change to react to it will eventually cause too much disruption.  Big 2nd half to come and Sunday will be equally huge for the momentum for the rest of the season imo

This is spot on. 

Just now, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Not panicking yet. On the balance of chances we should be ahead. Just one of those halves where you don't take your chances but the opponent scores from one.

Second half I expect them to tire and we'll score at least one. Need Diaz to cut outside a few times though, their shape is compact and needs stretching. When Gravenberch breaks the lines he has to be more aware of bodies on the right, it's like his movement leads him to drift towards a pass to Diaz all the time.

3-1, put your house on it.

I just don't see who is going to score that conciliation goal.

1 minute ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

We've been the better team, but the combination of all the changes is what's killing us IMO.

Elliott or Gakpo are fine when they're in there with Nunez and Salah, but the two of them together, when the other attacker is Luis Diaz is just lacking a cutting edge.

Same in midfield. We are really missing Jones and/or Szobo, the combination of the three in there today just aren't quite up to it.

Bradley and Quansah (maybe Virgil?) have been our best players, which is not a great sign.

Quansah was too easily turned for the goal for me.

3 minutes ago, Josef Svejk said:

If you're settling for a draw at home to Luton fucking Town, you've no right to even contemplate winning the league. 

Yes, without numerous injuries to key players, it would be a disgraceful result to draw at home to them. There is a thing called context though. There is a lot of potency and creativity missing and have you seen the bench we have out there? I'm sure most of us don't even recognise some of the faces on that bench.

That was predictably poor.  We have zero goal threat with that front line, and our poor approach play has made it very easy for Luton.  Can we please stop playing Eliott from starting games - we must have someone who can play that role from the start.  He's brutal to watch - brushed off the ball really easily, poor passing and laughable shooting.  At least he looks like he puts effort in, even if it's ineffective.  If ever there was a game to show you warrant a regular start, it's this one, and Gravenberch looks like your kids do when you drag them to see an auntie they hate.  His body language is worse than Steven Hawking's.  Get a grip lad for fucks sake, the Xbox will still be there when you get home.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Leyton388 said:

Really needed the keeper not to fuck up tonight. 

Question marks were raised at the end of last season away at Southampton, made a few dodgy mistakes this season in Europe but also made some great saves (Brentford at the weekend) I just think for his own career he needs to play regularly he won't get that here.

2 minutes ago, waddy78 said:

Question marks were raised at the end of last season away at Southampton, made a few dodgy mistakes this season in Europe but also made some great saves (Brentford at the weekend) I just think for his own career he needs to play regularly he won't get that here.

He will at the moment...

I got shit earlier in season for laughing at Elliott's chronic inability to strike a football. Just before he scored a nice goal against I don't recall whom. 

But I genuinely don't understand how a professional footballer can be so fucking hopeless at kicking a football.