You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Title Race

12 hours ago, Dapower said:

If we are not top going into last game forget it so we’ve got 6 games to get there 

If we aren't top going into the last game , no way am I putting myself through that torture again.

51 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Makes you feel alive, doesn't it.

We've had enough seasons when all we have after Easter is a dull ache while others compete for the shiny stuff.  Give me this, any time.

I was able to convince myself last night that any combination of results in the Arsenal/Man City games would benefit us.

The order of games each week from now until the end:

Game 32 - Abu Dhabi, Liverpool, Arsenal
Game 33 - Arsenal, Liverpool - Abu Dhabi play Chelsea in the FA Cup
Game 34 - Arsenal, Liverpool, Abu Dhabi
Game 35 - Liverpool, Arsenal, Abu Dhabi
Game 36 - Arsenal, Abu Dhabi, Liverpool
Game 37 - Abu Dhabi, Arsenal, Liverpool - Abu Dhabi then play their catch up game on Tuesday after this round.
Game 38 - Equal

Arsenal play before us 4 times. We play before them twice. 

Abu Dhabi play before us three times. Same for us before them.

11 hours ago, elvis said:

If we aren't top going into the last game , no way am I putting myself through that torture again.

There won't be any torture if it is case.

West Ham have absolutely zero chance of getting anything at abu dhabi and as for the shite at arsenal.....

We have to be top at start of final day.

8 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

I think half the FF wouldn't survive being a goal down with 15 mins to go.

Nice memory. The attackers we had then were intelligent, could actually pick the rigth pass and they could finish, so no need to stress over being av goal down at 75 min.

1 minute ago, Judge said:

Nice memory. The attackers we had then were intelligent, could actually pick the rigth pass and they could finish, so no need to stress over being av goal down at 75 min.

The players we have now score more goals after 75 mins than anyone else in the country; still no reason to stress.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

The players we have now score more goals after 75 mins than anyone else in the country; still no reason to stress.

I am looking behind the numbers. There is solid reason to stress.

It’s football, enjoy the ride, don’t stress out for that.

We are lucky enough to follow the last games of the Klopp’s era. We shall remember those days with happiness for years to come.

It may not turn out the way we want but we can still make it and that’s great to have the chance to be part of it right ?

• Upvote 7

5 hours ago, Arnaud said:

It’s football, enjoy the ride, don’t stress out for that.

We are lucky enough to follow the last games of the Klopp’s era. We shall remember those days with happiness for years to come.

It may not turn out the way we want but we can still make it and that’s great to have the chance to be part of it right ?

This aged well.

We've just got to take the positive. Send the kids next week, send the lads who need minutes. Rest the rest. We have 4 games in 9 days all away from home. So save these boys a trip to Italy and get them ready for Fulham/Everton/west ham. These games will define our season. Get 3 points this weekend and then find a way to get through Thursday that leaves us in the best possible shape for that week ahead. If we get 12 from the next 4 games, nobody will be worrying about the uefa cup. 

• Upvote 1