You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Brentford (A) - Sat 17th Feb 2024 (12:30pm)

Trumo

• Replies 810
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, stringvest said:

Once the cobwebs were blown out, Salah was fantastic today.  We used Brentford tactics to beat them today.  Then once we were well ahead, we controlled the game in the second half, very good to see.   Endo was MOTM - he gives us a platform on which to build - something we haven't seen since peak Fabinho years ago.

I was dreading this one a little bit, but despite TAA being a fantastic player, I was so glad that Bradley played today.  We were quite careless with the ball in the first half, but far less so in the second.  Three really good goals, and a fourth which, while a bit of a gift, still required Salah to do a lot of work.

Really pleased with this performance.  Let's just hope the injuries aren't as bad as they looked.

Really impressed with Endo today. I'm sold on him playing that role for the rest of the season. Dirty fucker as well which just brings a smile. Bradley came inside a lot as well today. That's a talent I didn't see. Looks like we've struck gold here.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, bossy said:

Gravenberch was quietly effective today.

He played well. He’s got most of the attributes to do it, the skills, the pace, the strength. He’s very good one v one, great ability to collect the ball, turn and beat a man or two.

He’s got two problems, the easiest to fix probably being intensity in the pressing. Like Jones he can learn to do that if he really wants to. The other thing is decision making on the ball, which is perhaps more difficult to improve, but hopefully can at least get a little better by coaching and getting to know his team mates and the tactics even better.

The potential is there, so let’s see if he can take the step.

• Upvote 1

Great result and a very good performance.

Weathering the storm early and making our superior attacking talent tell over time was reminiscent of our deep European Cup runs under Klopp. 

The injuries take a bit of shine of the match, but looking at the fixture list, that was probably our toughest away game of the season left and it’s been well negotiated. It gives us a lot of confidence for Goodison, Old Trafford and Villa Park.

I thought Endo, Bradley and Salah all played well, but there is no doubt in my mind that Van Dijk was man of the match. He was outstanding.

• Upvote 2

Just caught up with the highlights of today's game. Brilliant finish by Nunez. Bradley just has to start instead of Trent now. It's a no-brainer.

Jota getting hurt really stings - he has been critical to our play since he came back. Endo - gets better every time he plays for us. Such a clever little player. 

Good win overall against a team who had a bit of a hex on us. 

Time for the medical teams to earn their crust.

We're fuckin shite.