You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

C Palace (A) - Sat 9th Dec 2023 (12:30pm)

Trumo

I'd be proper pissed off if I was a gooner tonight. That pen they had turned down was virtually identical to the one given against us. All been said before but var has solved nothing because it's still subjective decision making and opinion based. 

That said though, fuck off Arsenal! 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Redder Lurtz said:

I'd be proper pissed off if I was a gooner tonight. That pen they had turned down was virtually identical to the one given against us. All been said before but var has solved nothing because it's still subjective decision making and opinion based. 

That said though, fuck off Arsenal! 

I felt that between the refs and VAR, all the correct decisions were given in our game

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, liverpoolsno9 said:

You fucking prick 

You can talk to me when you have an independent opinion for the first time on this forum, Einstein. Until then you can fuck off.

I will explain the obvious fact to you only this time:

the outcome of this match was NOT caused by genious substitutions from Jurgen, it was caused by the sending off. There is no way we had won this match without the red card.

It was right to put Elliot on anyway, and he got space to make an impact because we were 11-10. It was horrendous to take Nunez and Szlobo off, but Jurgen got out of jail because of the red card.

I am not expecting you to understand this, though.

1 hour ago, Judge said:

You can talk to me when you have an independent opinion for the first time on this forum, Einstein. Until then you can fuck off.

the outcome of this match was NOT caused by genious substitutions from Jurgen, it was caused by the sending off. There is no way we had won this match without the red card.

It was right to put Elliot on anyway, and he got space to make an impact because we were 11-10. It was horrendous to take Nunez and Szlobo off, but Jurgen got out of jail because of the red card.

Ok,thank you. You absolute twat

6 hours ago, DaveT said:

Agree totally with this. It looked at one point that they were allowed to take a free kick for offside (bloody Darwin!) in our half! 

This can now be done. You can be offside in your own half when touching the ball after being in an offside position. Pathetic rule meddlers again. Especially as the Laws of the Game(arrogant title!) state 'It is not an offence to be in an offside position.'

3 hours ago, Judge said:

I read that in the voice of The Mekon and it works superbly.

3 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

This can now be done. You can be offside in your own half when touching the ball after being in an offside position. Pathetic rule meddlers again. Especially as the Laws of the Game(arrogant title!) state 'It is not an offence to be in an offside position.'

Cheers. Another tinkering that has passed me by. It used to be a fairly simple game!

13 hours ago, A_S said:

Did anyone pick up Curtis getting absolutely wiped out immediately after setting up Mo's equaliser? And by Ward already on a yellow, no less. 

They should be thankful Mo scored. 

Yeah, had Salah missed (IMO without the deflection it would have gone wide) that'd be a second yellow for Ward and a second bite of the cherry for him via the resulting penalty. Strangely enough not talked about by any of the commentators during and after the match. Liverpool bias my arse.

Speaking of Salah, he rarely puts his laces through when attempting a shot at goal does he? Always looking to place a shot rather then going for power. The only exceptions I can recall are the thunderbastards against the Mancs (that ricochet off McTominay) and Chelsea many moons ago.

11 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

The ball hadn't gone dead today though after the quansah incident?

I was screaming at the TV for somebody to wallop the ball out when they heard there was an ongoing check, while we were casually passing it around as if nothing was happening.

Will Hughes' performance was a masterclass in how not to tackle: run up close behind a player, wrap your arms around them, try to rock them off the ball and if that doesn't work, push them down to the floor. Ref stands and watches admiringly. Absolutely unbelievable performance from him. 

I suspect Palace are such a bitterly brutal team because Hodgson trains them so monotonously that when they get into games they're already incredibly bad-tempered. 

49 minutes ago, sir roger said:

I was screaming at the TV for somebody to wallop the ball out when they heard there was an ongoing check, while we were casually passing it around as if nothing was happening.

I don't think the players had any idea the check was ongoing, same as anyone in the stadium. While when you look at the slow motions it looks like a pen, I don't think anyone in the ground thought it was. Their fans didn't even appeal for it and they appeal for everything, they're like spurs and Everton. It's shows the farce of VAR for me and this idea it doesn't re-referee games. Well until it does. 

I’m still recovering from Saturday.

Given our seats were a bit shit (ie actually outside of the pitch), quite a few people by us went at found their mates in the middle. Which left some reasonably big gaps next to us and as it had been throwing it down, pretty slippy.

When we equalised, my mate bumped me and set me to the floor / half over the row in front. I’ve cracked my ribs, I’m sure it’s broken. I’m wheezing away when I breathe.

Then we got on our train home, only for the power lines to have been blown down. I should have got home at 9pm, I got home at 3am. I’ve barely been able to sleep because of my rib.

Oh well, it was worth it to see us go top. I also got a selfie with Diaz’s Dad, would have been a great celebration with his family if his injury time goal had stood. 

• Upvote 4

On 10/12/2023 at 10:16, Barrington Womble said:

I don't think the players had any idea the check was ongoing, same as anyone in the stadium. While when you look at the slow motions it looks like a pen, I don't think anyone in the ground thought it was. Their fans didn't even appeal for it and they appeal for everything, they're like spurs and Everton. It's shows the farce of VAR for me and this idea it doesn't re-referee games. Well until it does. 

There was a very half hearted appeal. I think the majority of the ground was stunned when it was given. 

4 hours ago, Scott_M said:

Given our seats were a bit shit (ie actually outside of the pitch), quite a few people by us went at found their mates in the middle. Which left some reasonably big gaps next to us and as it had been throwing it down, pretty slippy.

When we equalised, my mate bumped me and set me to the floor / half over the row in front. I’ve cracked my ribs, I’m sure it’s broken. I’m wheezing away when I breathe.

Then we got on our train home, only for the power lines to have been blown down. I should have got home at 9pm, I got home at 3am. I’ve barely been able to sleep because of my rib.

Oh well, it was worth it to see us go top. I also got a selfie with Diaz’s Dad, would have been a great celebration with his family if his injury time goal had stood. 

Scott,

Tip. Don't sleep in bed, sleep on the sofa and wedge yourself in. It does help as it limits your movement. Speaking from experience.

1 minute ago, tokyojoe said:

Scott,

Tip. Don't sleep in bed, sleep on the sofa and wedge yourself in. It does help as it limits your movement. Speaking from experience.

Thank you, much appreciated, I shall try. 

My wife found some ultra strong ibuprofen from the US in the house today, it’s eased up having those. Likely oxycontin but fuck it.

With our next 3 home games, I can see it getting worse before it gets better !

4 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

My wife found some ultra strong ibuprofen from the US in the house today, it’s eased up having those. Likely oxycontin but fuck it.

Best of luck mate.

40 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Should go and get it checked out. When I did mine, whilst they couldn't do anything about the rib itself they did give me mega strong painkillers which definitely helped.

16 minutes ago, Scooby Dudek said:

Should go and get it checked out. When I did mine, whilst they couldn't do anything about the rib itself they did give me mega strong painkillers which definitely helped.

Thanks. 

I did something in April walking the dog. I went to A&E for the Dr to go “I can feel something isn’t right. It might be broken, might not be. You’re not coughing blood so I’m not going to bother with an X-ray. Bye”.

I waited 3/4 hours for that thorough diagnosis. 

13 hours ago, Scott_M said:

Narks me this...end up with fellers who think they can stand in your spec because their mates are nearby.

Had it a few times at aways and at wembley - at the semi v abu dhabi the other year there was about 3 or 4 of them who had decided they were gonna take up residence by their mates in what were our specs - they had the neck to get nark when we wanted them to move - 'me mates are here i wanna be with them' the one said refusing to move 'yeah well i've got a ticket for this spec now do one' was the reply.