You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

C Palace (A) - Sat 9th Dec 2023 (12:30pm)

Trumo

1 minute ago, niallers said:

Also,i will reiterate my earlier point, in the build up to salahs goal, Jones gets absolutely cleaned out by ward, who already had a yellow from the 30th minute. It's a cast iron second yellow and he should've been off also.

So we got fucked by var there. Should've been playing against 9 for last 20.

Somebody hasn’t been paying attention to TNT sports. That is not the narrative.

1 minute ago, niallers said:

That cunt Andy gray just made a decent point for hysterical fannys from opposing fans crying about Livarpool. Without var, the first pen would've been given, but the second one wouldn't have. Swings and roundabouts. Also, ayew made a tactical foul in stopping an attack so by the letter, its a yellow. End of story.

However, if it boils everyone's piss, even better. Up the piss boiling reds.

I get why it was a red. I dint think it was a tactical foul personally(not a Rodri/Fernandinho), think he went for the ball but it did stop a break but you'll see half a dozen of them today unpunished. I'd be going mad if Mac Callister was sent off for similar

The first was stupidity on his part, and he us a massive cunt of a player. 

Elliott was awesome when he came on with his goal and energy and so was Ali with his saves obviously, my nerves were fucked at the end of that though and most of the game was spent wondering what was going on. Around half a glass of Baileys in the 1st half and sleep deprivation not really helping towards the end either. At least we're back at the top though and again managed to rescue the game, well done Red Men.

7 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

I'm not even sure about that.  Their gameplan consisted of niggly fouls.  There's only so many of them you can do before someone gets two yellows.  Also, we didn't benefit from the goalkeeper injury, because nobody was saving that.

We didn't have a shot on target 11 v 11 and if your game plan is a sending off like that, you're in trouble. Not many refs would give that yellow (or indeed the first one). We were lucky because I don't think we'd have won 11 v 11. Even with the sending off our only shot on target all game went in. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Megadrive Man said:

He tends to struggle when he starts though, whereas he's absolutely brilliant off the bench.

He was a decisive factor in turning this game around. That said the circumstances when he came were probably perfect for the type of player he is.

Whatever first 11 Klopp picks, we now have good midfielders on the bench. Nice problem to have.

• Upvote 1

Awful game, rubbish performance but another gritty 3 points from nowhere really. Not sure how we can keep doing it but so far the lads are managing to scrape these wins together.  Another 12:30 banana skin avoided BUT we need to start playing much much better as the upcoming fixtures will be far tougher.

Great that Mo got his 200th goal. Hopefully bit of a monkey off his back and he can play with a bit more freedom again and go ona bit of a scoring run.  Diaz & Nunez form is worrying.