You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

10 Greatest Moments Under Klopp - Suggestions For Podcast

Vincent Vega

4 hours ago, Vincent Vega said:

Not a moment as such, but an incredible achievement. This 44 game unbeaten run from a loss at City on 3 January 2019 until a loss at Watford on 29 February 2020. Before that Watford match the league table showed we had played 27, won 26, drawn 1 and lost 0.

IMG_1666.jpeg

Think we went something like 90 home games without losing at Anfield in front of fans.

Had that shitty Covid streak, but Anfield is people so those matches don’t really count.

It was Atletico -after 90 minutes - or Leeds when we lost in front of our fans, it’s an insane run.

1 minute ago, Tj hooker said:

Winning the world club championship was just fantastic up until then I'd been a bit apathetic about it ,but when Bobby scored the winner it felt so fucking good .

So when are they announcing an extension on Jurgens contract then just get on with it please. 

Singing champions of the world was great while it lasted.

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Vincent Vega said:

I think that was the moment I knew the league was done, about three weeks before we played the Mancs.

Yeah, there was a period of uneasy silence, when we all knew it but nobody wanted to say it, for fear of jinxing; that Man U game put an end to that.

On 18/11/2023 at 18:46, Vincent Vega said:

Jurgen ringing Ferguson in the middle of the night when he was pissed on the night we won the league. 

How did I not know that this happened?

Any Links to story etc?

On 18/11/2023 at 21:55, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Salah scoring the second against Man United in January 2020; the "Now you're gonna believe us" goal.

I dont know about anyone else but this for me was the day that I truly believed; It was written. 

Other worthy mentionable moments that I dont think have been mentioned yet;

• The Uefa game against the Mancs
  • Divok winner against Everton
  • Mane Winner against Everton 
  • Getting rid of Sakho- Set the tone of him in charge
  • "lets talk about Six" comment

On 18/11/2023 at 18:16, JohnnyH said:

With the benefit of hindsight, the 2-2 against West Brom at home when he got the players to join hands and bow in front of the Kop.  So many fans of other clubs said it was us celebrating a home draw and took the piss, instead of it being the first hugely important step in the creation of the mentality that saw us win everything. 

One of my first thoughts. 

Before that there was a few moments where Klopp was getting frustrated with the crowd and had to keep pushing them to make some noise. Then during a presser he mentioned how important Anfield is for the players, and that they need our support til the absolute end of the match. Like why should the players give 100% when a significant number of fans would rather get an early dart to beat the traffic and the ones that stayed just grumbled because we weren't winning. It was almost like a promise from him, you lot stay to the end and keep pushing us, and we'll give everything we can to give you something to cheer about and make you glad you stayed til the final whistle. 

That game was the turning point, the fans stayed and kept the atmosphere going, and we were rewarded be a late Divock winner. Klopp made sure we knew our efforts were appreciated, and everything after then has only cemented it further. We have the record for the most late goals for a reason. Never give up. 

0.jpg

1. Getting rid of Mignolet

2. Getting rid of Allen

3. Getting rid of Lucas

4. Getting rid of Sakho

5. Getting rid of Benteke

6. Buying Salah

7. Buying Alisson

8. Buiyng Van Dijk

9. Salah’s goal against the mancs at Anfield when we won the league

10. Beating Barca at home and then win the CL. 

• Downvote 1

• 2 months later...
On 18/11/2023 at 18:42, Kevin D said:

After we officially won the title, BT put together this package that I think perfectly encapsulates his tenure:

Ever since I heard the news this morning I’ve had this music in my head and I couldn’t think why. 

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Vincent Vega said:

@dave u @Chris Any chance you lads could have a go at doing a pod on this during the upcoming international break? I’m giving plenty of warning so you can all have a good think. I don’t mind if you pinch some of my favourite moments from this thread. 

Yeah, man! Great idea. 

• Thanks 1