You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Wataru Endo Welcome to Liverpool

John102

8 hours ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

I said when we bought him that we didn't need him to be a player who could win us a match, we just need him not to lose us any matches. Looked pretty comfortable being exactly that today:

My screen froze for a few seconds at the point of the first pic and I was thinking that Klopp would want him closer to the ball here to press (Endo is next to the ref).

Fair fucks to him, he flew into the tackle and Gakpo came away with the ball.

I posted in the Newcastle game thread that he was closing passing lanes to Isak when he was on. However, that is what the DM for Stuttgart does. Here, he needs to be front foot, winning the ball. He has learned fast. 

Screenshot_20230928_075814_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20230928_075854_Chrome.jpg

Goes about his work quietly and efficiently.
Thought he did very well last night.

Even the Brazil side of 1970 had its “water carriers” (Brito, Piazza, Everaldo, Clodoaldo)

just players who did their jobs and let the “stars” get on with it.

We’re not Brazil 70……..yet.

Klopps working on it though.

2 minutes ago, coachpotato said:

Goes about his work quietly and efficiently.
Thought he did very well last night.

Even the Brazil side of 1970 had its “water carriers” (Brito, Piazza, Everaldo, Clodoaldo)

just players who did their jobs and let the “stars” get on with it.

We’re not Brazil 70……..yet.

Klopps working on it though.

A football team is like a piano. You need eight men to carry it and three who can play the damn thing. - Bill Shankly

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

I watched him closely tonight. Always looking around the park to see where everyone is ready to move the ball where it is required.

I think given enough game time he will be an excellent addition to the squad,

Convinced Klopp has a plan for him.

He's goal was cracking..i didnt much else enjoy his performance. @Qwikage I also watched him closely. We had seats that were very high up - you lose a lot that far from the pitch, but it gives you a great view of what players are doing and where they go and fill space, how they recover when the ball goes beyond them etc. I think he looks distinctly average. I'm sure he'll do a job as a.squad filler and if he remains last pick midfielder, he'll do that job well too. But I feel if bajcetic can ever get fit or if we sign one of these 6s we're linked to for January, I'm certain he'll get less game time. 

6 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

He's goal was cracking..i didnt much else enjoy his performance. @Qwikage I also watched him closely. We had seats that were very high up - you lose a lot that far from the pitch, but it gives you a great view of what players are doing and where they go and fill space, how they recover when the ball goes beyond them etc. I think he looks distinctly average. I'm sure he'll do a job as a.squad filler and if he remains last pick midfielder, he'll do that job well too. But I feel if bajcetic can ever get fit or if we sign one of these 6s we're linked to for January, I'm certain he'll get less game time. 

After last nights game my immediate thought was that he was playing at his level. While he did cover a lot of ground I thought he got caught out a fair few times and even when he didn't he was always stretching to get the ball away. He wouldn't get away with that against top sides. It was a good performance against a shit side. His goal was excellent though. 

6 minutes ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

After last nights game my immediate thought was that he was playing at his level. While he did cover a lot of ground I thought he got caught out a fair few times and even when he didn't he was always stretching to get the ball away. He wouldn't get away with that against top sides. It was a good performance against a shit side. His goal was excellent though. 

Same as against leicester.

I think he had an excellent game. He was everywhere, had an eye for a quick direct forward pass and bossed the midfield. For me MOM is a toss up between Endo and Gravenberch.

Great guy, Happy to have him in our team, allthough the opposition yesterday was kind of shit wasn't it?

12 minutes ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

Yeah, he'd have not looked out of place in their team, and they were absolutely shocking. After so many years in the CL, you forget about teams like these. What actually stood out to me about the game last night is how out of place we are in the group stage of this competition. Klopp is able to give 3 kids a debut, quansah some more time, Elliot up front and endo holding the midfield and we still piss it 5-1. Maybe last season's team might have struggled a bit more (I'm not sure about that either, certainly not the team we were in the last quarter.of the season), but we'd be one of the top 5 or 6 favourites to win the CL if we were in it. It's not fair sport for the other teams in our group, even when we make so many changes. 

• Upvote 2

40 minutes ago, JustTosh said:

I think he had an excellent game. He was everywhere, had an eye for a quick direct forward pass and bossed the midfield. For me MOM is a toss up between Endo and Gravenberch.

Great guy, Happy to have him in our team, allthough the opposition yesterday was kind of shit wasn't it?

Nice to see the way he was communicating with some of the younger lads; proper captain stuff.

On 27/10/2023 at 20:11, Code said:

Been good every time he has played. He lacks pace, got everything else. 

Yeah, not going to see him break the lines with the ball at his feet. But if we ever need him to, we've already fucked up elsewhere.

He's definitely not a Poulsen. I actually quite like the passes he goes for as well, just needs to bear in mind the risk when the side is out of position.

Him and Mac Allister in there totally negates the need for Trent inside, for me.