You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Wataru Endo Welcome to Liverpool

John102

Wouldn't be surprised if his attempt to name and shame individual stewards and staff has gone down like a lead balloon. Regardless of how pissed off he was and whether or not the steward acted the twat, it's a bit off. At best.

Information that should have only gone as far as a complaint to the club. 

I guess when you choose the nuclear option you can't be surprised if it blows up in your face.

On 01/11/2023 at 23:57, an tha said:

Club being cunts again....

I wonder what reason they're giving for that? It's hard to understand what the club think they're gaining from this. If it's genuinely a health and safety issue, what the fuck have they been doing since 2016? It's just makes them look bitter and petty at best and fucking incompetent, risking the health of fans at worst. 

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, bossy said:

He was ok today. Not good enough for what we need, but fine for the squad.

He's the player for the Milner role, cup games, late game sub, start him in the league if injuries demand it but isn't going to make the best 11 in the biggest games.

We have so many players that are crying out for a mobile, dominant #6 to allow them to do their best work.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

You lost your glasses?

He’s not fast enough in body or mind to play DM in a Klopp team. 

He's not quick, but he does read the play well.  He needs regular games to get into a rhythm.  He's the best option we have in DM until Thiago comes back.  (keepnet waiting)

• Upvote 1

Endo, like the rest of the team, did pretty well today. There was more drive and application from the whole team from front to back, and I thought after recent games, Brentford might have presented us with a stiffer test than they did, and that was down to us playing at the pace we set and with everyone doing their job well.

He was available for passes, didn’t put many (any?) astray, intercepted and tackled well, and even turned up at left back near the end to flick away a dangerous cross at the far post.

Given he hasn’t been a regular starter, he fitted in ok and didn’t let himself or anyone else down.

Not sure what more he needed to do other than that.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, stringvest said:

He's not quick, but he does read the play well.  He needs regular games to get into a rhythm.  He's the best option we have in DM until Thiago comes back.  (keepnet waiting)

Fucking mad how you slated Henderson all that time (warranted especially towards the end) but think this guy is good enough!

Just now, Elite said:

Fucking mad how you slated Henderson all that time (warranted especially towards the end) but think this guy is good enough!

Let me tell you why:

1.  He will tackle a player.

2.  He is not afraid to receive the ball under pressure.

3.  He attempts to play the ball forward even in tight spaces.  

4.  He looks to receive the ball to relieve pressure on his teammates.

I don't think Endo has shown what he is capable of so far, and I don't believe he's had any truly great games, but he hasn't put in a performance as bad as Henderson did frequently in his last couple of years with us.

• Upvote 3

It's clear he's a decent player with a decent footballing brain but that yard or two of pace is really lacking and he's more than happy to make up that ground by throwing himself at it, he isn't Bruno Fernandes playing for United for us he will be carded a hell of a lot, he makes me really nervous. With the ball though he looks to pass it on quickly and forward which is good. Overall I really really want us to buy a 6. Who though fuck knows.

5 minutes ago, stringvest said:

Let me tell you why:

1.  He will tackle a player.

2.  He is not afraid to receive the ball under pressure.

3.  He attempts to play the ball forward even in tight spaces.  

4.  He looks to receive the ball to relieve pressure on his teammates.

I don't think Endo has shown what he is capable of so far, and I don't believe he's had any truly great games, but he hasn't put in a performance as bad as Henderson did frequently in his last couple of years with us.

It's really a good thing you didn't see the Toulouse game.