You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

2 minutes ago, Redder Lurtz said:

Considering the winning goal was scored by a player who should have been sent off, does anyone else think we'll see this twat's titty lip on motd this week?

No, me neither. 

2093736943_Screenshot_20240303_080618_SamsungInternet.jpg.158b272500d514467be5c5d731db26c2.jpg

lemon.jpg

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Smell The Glove said:

They'll be gone after they play Man City

What happens tomorrow will have a fair bearing on that....these upcoming games are absolutely huge and all 3 will feel they have it own hands going into them.

The only thing niggling me even as well as we have done during this latest injury crisis is the lousy timing of having to face abu dhabi under strength and our record in recent times of just not winning these big games v our rivals.

5 minutes ago, an tha said:

What happens tomorrow will have a fair bearing on that....these upcoming games are absolutely huge and all 3 will feel they have it own hands going into them.

If we win tomorrow we'll win the league. If we don’t, Man City probably will. One thing that won't happen is Arsenal win it.

1 minute ago, Smell The Glove said:

If we win tomorrow we'll win the league. If we don’t, Man City probably will. One thing that won't happen is Arsenal win it.

There is IMO too much dismissiveness of Arsenal's chances on here.

They are right there with 10 games left and of course it is all to play for, if and ok it is a pretty big if they get something from game with abu dhabi they will be in a pretty good position.

Of course so will we be if we can win tomorrow and of course abu dhabi will be if they win and beat arsenal.

Its shaping up to be some title race potentially and there are deffo 3 runners for me.

• Upvote 1

It’s daft to rule out Arsenal. They’re in it until they’re not in it. And, they’re still in it. 

But, saying that, I’ve seen a few people ruling us out of contention for doing what Arsenal did today. For scoring late winners and failing to blast teams out of sight and instead getting a cagey win in the second half. Apparently, that sort of thing isn’t sustainable and won’t win you a title. 

City being cheating cunts has totally changed people’s narrative on what it takes to win a league. It’s largely nonsensical too. Getting 3 points week in, week out by winning 2 or 3 nil with late goals apparently isn’t good enough when compared to winning a game 3 or 4 nil but being able to take your foot off the gas in the second half/later stages of the game. 

It was exactly the former that used to be talked about as what was needed to win titles. I mean it wasn’t that long ago that the other Mancs won a title with van der Saar in goal and grinding a whole load of 1-nil wins. 

It’s in our interest that Arsenal still have something to play for when they go to City. 

• Upvote 6

5 minutes ago, Nelly-Szoboszlai said:

It’s daft to rule out Arsenal. They’re in it until they’re not in it. And, they’re still in it. 

But, saying that, I’ve seen a few people ruling us out of contention for doing what Arsenal did today. For scoring late winners and failing to blast teams out of sight and instead getting a cagey win in the second half. Apparently, that sort of thing isn’t sustainable and won’t win you a title. 

City being cheating cunts has totally changed people’s narrative on what it takes to win a league. It’s largely nonsensical too. Getting 3 points week in, week out by winning 2 or 3 nil with late goals apparently isn’t good enough when compared to winning a game 3 or 4 nil but being able to take your foot off the gas in the second half/later stages of the game. 

It was exactly the former that used to be talked about as what was needed to win titles. I mean it wasn’t that long ago that the other Mancs won a title with van der Saar in goal and grinding a whole load of 1-nil wins. 

It’s in our interest that Arsenal still have something to play for when they go to City. 

This, anyone denying Arsenal could win it this season is in well.. Denial, they are a good team in great form and have been piss lucky with injuries, however Arsenal had a much tougher time of it today than they have recently in a game they'd have been expected to win prior to kick-off, they were playing the 15th placed team who are just about keeping it above a team who hasn't won in 12 games at home and only managed two more shots on target than that team, if that had been us i'd have hate to have seen the doom and gloom levels in the match thread and the after assessments of how it's unsustainable to win like that.

55 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

I hope City and Arsenal spend 90 plus minutes kicking the shit out of each other at the Emptyhad.

And ideally get drawn against each other In Champions League

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Turkish Delight said:

The only result tomorrow that doesn't leave Arsenal under heavy pressure going to the Etihad is a draw.

They've been playing brilliantly but the big tests of their mental strength are ahead.

This is my point exactly. If we win tomorrow there is no way Man City lose 2 on the bounce. If the unspeakable happens, I don't see Arsenal winning there. The draw gives them a little hope but Arsenal don't worry me at all.

No result is decisive this far out anyway when it is this close.

Look at when we beat abu dhabi in 2014 (as painful as it fucking is to do so) and that was with 4 for us and 6 for them games left after it....

It put us 2 clear of chelsea (same games) and 7 ahead of abu dhabi but they had 2 games in hand.

With 10 games left after tomorrow it is far too early to call a result decisive - Massive? Yes....Potentially pivotal? Absolutely...

But not decisive - too much football left.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, an tha said:

Look at when we beat abu dhabi in 2014 (as painful as it fucking is to do so) and that was with 4 for us and 6 for them games left after it....

It put us 2 clear of chelsea (same games) and 7 ahead of abu dhabi but they had 2 games in hand.

With 10 games left after tomorrow it is far too early to call a result decisive - Massive? Yes....Potentially pivotal? Absolutely...

You're right. We all know that's right but a win tomorrow with what would be 2nd and 3rd playing each other next and we have 2 home games. 

5 minutes ago, an tha said:

Normally yes but in all the title races with Guardiola we always been just behind we never had the lead going in to final 10 games 

Arsenal are good enough no doubt about it. 

I still think if we finish above City, we win it, but they are a fucking nuiscance. I just hope they cancel each other out in a few weeks and we can get to work on that goal difference that they have over us. If we draw tomorrow, it's seven. We really need to demolish Sheffield United, but a few days before the Mancs, that's a big ask.

Being honest, if we draw tomorrow, it's a solid good par. We can sit back and play the kids in Europe and have a proper smash at the Mancs next weekend. Hopefully, Arsenal get through in Europe and they play City. 

I can't help but think that Spurs could be kingsmaker. They play City and Arsenal at home and we have them at home. I think they will take points off at least one of us. Villa will be nasty for us away and they are capable of taking points off the other two away. We all have nasty fixtures left.

We will have players coming back at the right time.

This will go to the last game and I think there will be three teams right to the last.