You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Bobby Leaving?

luxury_scruff

15 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Love him, legend probably my favourite player since he's been here but I think it's the right move for both sides.

This. Watching him rip r*ngers apart at mordor is my highlight of the season. Time's up though. Legend, end of an era etc. 

• Upvote 1

I do hope we announce he's leaving so we  can all get behind him before he departs. His cameos against Newcastle and Madrid, while not vintage still had some Bobby moments. We need to appreciate the stuff he still does well while we still can and ignore what he can no longer do.

Love Bobby. 

He's been a brilliant player for us and a massive part of our success in recent years in one of the greatest attacking forces in world football.

Sadly though all good things come to an end and if it's true that he's leaving then he goes with legendary status as far as I'm concerned.

• Upvote 2

Don't know how accurate this is, but I've seen it suggested online that he's on £180k a week. Keita and Ox are on a total of £240k, so that would free up £420k in wages with an ageing Bobby the only one we'll even notice going. Good timing for a rebuild. 

Same piece suggested Milner took a one-year contract at £60k. 

His stats probably don’t read as the greatest for a central attacking player but he offered other important things to the team and seemed to be perfect for the Klopp system at the start. 

Great song. Great celebrations. Great fella. Great teeth. 

I’d say he’s probably one of the most naturally skilful players to play for us. Up there with the likes of Barnes, Beardsley and Suarez in that regard. Loads of flashes of individual brilliance, but that turn against Villarreal was the stand out moment. 

You can’t begrudge him a move for more game time at the stage he’s at in his career. I hope he gets a decent move with the right blend of a club of good stature and him getting a starting place. Just not anyone in England, please! 

• Upvote 1

Gutted on the emotional side of things. What a player, vastly underrated by non-LFC fans, particularly in the last couple of years as he has slowed a fair bit in both pace and output. I watched a highlight video of his time a few weeks back and it's incredible the stuff he'd just quietly pull off, flashy but most of all effective. The complete opposite of that Utd tit spinning around.

On the more rational side of things it's probably the right move, but he deserves being sent off with all the heart he showed for us regardless.

Ah man, you know how people always talk about skillful players playing low to the ground. Bobby at his best was like the opposite, you'd watch him with the ball, just straighten up, head high, one eye on the defender and you'd know. He's about to make a fool out of someone.

What a fucking player.

• Upvote 1