You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2023 Transfer Thread

an tha

35 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

If you want to see a definition of how shit we have become and how bad this summer is watch this from TAW.

Never seen so much arguing on one of their pods, unless they are all blitzed.

Is one of them that pretentious quim who writes the match reports? He should be fired at the sun. 

16 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

That's not what he's saying. He's intimating that there is a player valuation model that will rarely be overruled.

When you were young, if your dad only valued the new Nike trainers at 10 quid, is that him sticking to a rigid "valuation model" or is it him being a tight cunt?

Because I assure you that any sane individual would call him a tight cunt

(hypothetical obviously your dad is probably a sound fella)

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, FrenchEyeGlass said:

When you were young, if your dad only valued the new Nike trainers at 10 quid, is that him sticking to a rigid "valuation model" or is it him being a tight cunt?

Because I assure you that any sane individual would call him a tight cunt

(hypothetical obviously your dad is probably a sound fella)

Always ended up with Gola or Hi Tech.

My parents where FSG, im damaged goods.

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, Barrington Womble said:

I'd never heard of him till recently on this thread and from what I can tell he makes that shit cunt romano look connected. 

He sounds like he could be a low-level character from Goodfellas.

"I make this shit up on Twitter and the more hits I get, the more money I make. It's fuckin' beautiful."

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Always ended up with Gola or Hi Tech.

My parents where FSG, im damaged goods.

When I joined the forces they handed us all a pair of Hi-Tec silver shadows for the gym. Felt like a bellend even though everyone else was having to wear them. Telling you now, comfiest trainers I've ever worn. 

The irritating thing is i feel that two more good signings - a centre half and a DM would give us a great chance of challenging this season.

But without them we are going to probably be needing to be lucky with injuries and fighting for top 4 at best.

3 minutes ago, an tha said:

The irritating thing is i feel that two more good signings - a centre half and a DM would give us a great chance of challenging this season.

But without them we are going to probably be needing to be lucky with injuries and fighting for top 4 at best.

I don’t think we would get that close to City with eg. Doucouré and Hincapie. They’d both improve us but not enough to challenge for the title. If we’d landed Caicedo or Ugarte, and Colwill, then yeah maybe. But the other options are not at that level.

1 minute ago, joe_fishfish said:

I don’t think we would get that close to City with eg. Doucouré and Hincapie. They’d both improve us but not enough to challenge for the title. If we’d landed Caicedo or Ugarte, and Colwill, then yeah maybe. But the other options are not at that level.

Inacio should have been the centre half buy, especially given his ability to play right back too - the DM is less clear cut outside the obvoous shout of Caicedo....but it wouldn't be hard to improve us and by a fair bit.

Endo may do that - but too many question marks over the options there as a whole.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

When I joined the forces they handed us all a pair of Hi-Tec silver shadows for the gym. Felt like a bellend even though everyone else was having to wear them. Telling you now, comfiest trainers I've ever worn. 

Yeah they wernt as bad as what was made out. Would have killed for adidas though...

1 hour ago, an tha said:

Weve all moved on to trainers. |I expect Jurgen to weigh in on his post match presser tomorrow.

1 minute ago, Eric Swindle said:

Might be a load of old nothing but my mate who does events for LFC has been asked to set up for a photoshoot for Tuesday at the AXA at 3pm. It’s the hope that kills you. 

It's to capture the rare sight of Thiago kicking a football.