You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2023 Transfer Thread

an tha

1 minute ago, an tha said:

All i am saying is IF he wants out, and this Saudi deal goes south, then wanting out should still mean out and we should make that very clear to him. Sunderland seems as good a place as any.

You literally couldn't have picked a less likely option.

4 minutes ago, Reacher said:

I'd go along with this, they want to take our position at the top table not strengthen

it.

Wouldn't suprise me if there was some malice in this as we seem to have taken Newcastles top target, and linked with others, and Bohely has Saudi links.

Theres supposedly around 500B floating around this fund to buy up sports so destroying our midfield cohesion and weakening us for what 100M all in would be 'worth' it as the barcodes take our place at the top table and all that entails through the international lense.

If they are playing the long game it would definitely be a plausible strategy.

1 minute ago, TheHowieLama said:

You literally couldn't have picked a less likely option.

It is clearly meant as the fuck you option not the real answer.- in same way he (if is indeed case) was saying fuck you to us to triple his wage.

Shoe on other foot.

Of course he won't go Sunderland - but frankly if it got 200k a week or whatever he is on off our books and it could be done then yeah i'd let him go there tomorrow.

3 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Wouldn't suprise me if there was some malice in this as we seem to have taken Newcastles top target, and linked with others, and Bohely has Saudi links.

Theres supposedly around 500B floating around this fund to buy up sports so destroying our midfield cohesion and weakening us for what 100M all in would be 'worth' it as the barcodes take our place at the top table and all that entails through the international lense.

Al - Gettofuq is not part of that fund.

9 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Ah, yes. The tried and true "fuck you" option. Just what you need running a football club.

Well you certainly don't need a captain of a club who wants to leave at the first fluttering of eyelids from saudi arabia.

So as i said if it falls through (and if he did indeed want to leave) then he can still leave - just to somewhere else - anywhere else frankly.

Nobody wants a player who wants to leave.

Or is the wanting to leave only when tripling your salary is on table....

Fuck him - if wants out, then out it should be.

If your wife told you she wanted to leave you to go and live with some other feller, and it was all arranged and she was off but then as she was about to go he backed out and called it off, you wouldn't let her stay with you, would you? Surely you'd tell her to fuck off and not care where to.

Fucking hell this midfield rebuild has so far comprised of more destroying than rebuilding.

I am not bothered about losing either but two additional first team quality CMs need to be bought, in addition to a CB. I am very very worried given past summers that we'll get one good CM and be told that's it.

Although he was shite at it, Hendo was a 6 option. We will essentially be losing all senior options at 6, with Bajectic our only remaining DM. We will need a top quality first choice DM and a prospect DM as a minimum.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Denny Crane said:

This is is an ITK spoofers dream. I'd probably take all incomings from said people with a huge pinch of salt for now professing they know ... I suspect we will be linked with every midfielder for sale and not. 

So absolutely no change then!

Good to see Man United haven't done any business outside of Mount. They've no first choice goalkeeper yet either.  Nothing new on their ownership either. Hopefully there was truth in that suggestion last year that the late splurge on Anthony and Casemiro was out of this summer's budget. 

1 minute ago, FrenchEyeGlass said:

Also, there is no world in which we keep either of these players now. Klopp will not want any players who have fluttered their fanny to another club, or at least he shouldn't. They were both fucking shite last season too so it's not like we'd be keeping a Suarez against his wishes.

Fabinho hasn't. As far as I know there hasn't been any conversations there with the player.

There is a rumored bid - which would certainly be accepted. As it should.

It is the opposite of the Henderson situation.

It’s worth pointing out on Fabinho, Al Ittihad are facing a potential FIFA ban for not paying their transfer related debts.

The Chinese league died as soon as it started. I know Saudi has more football heritage and money than China, this could happen again. 

Any sales to the Saudi league, I’d be wanting most of the money up front.

9 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

I would suggest that yes - tripling of the salary is the driving force here. As any sane individual would.

You are suggesting we should ask for more than 10 mil and if that doesn't work try to sell him for less - that's just stupid.

I'm suggesting that if we can't get a buyer for him on our terms that we cut our losses and we agree to termimate his contract as he no longer wishes to play for us and then he can do what he wants.

Bottom line is that won't happen and he'll go and pick up the filthy lucre in Saudi and we'll get 10m for him...a price that IMHO is about right anyway - he isn't worth more in my book. No club in europe would pay him more than we do or give us more than 10m for him.

If Klopp is confident Fabinho can get back to anywhere near as influential for us as he previously was, we'd be mad to sell him for £40m, especially if Henderson is gone. 

Whatever about Henderson, who's four years older anyway, I always felt Fabinho just looked like he was absolutely jaded for the last year.