You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Shooting in Wallasey Village Pub

Lee909

13 minutes ago, grazywalker said:

Wow! You prick! someone loses their life. As long as you find it funny its ALL ok.

10 minutes ago, grazywalker said:

What do you mean sorry?  I have always had respect for you and your posts but I am confused by this.  

7 minutes ago, grazywalker said:

Prick - Someone lost their life by being in a pub. Still fucking funny?

At the risk of starting a holy war, if this had happened in a Liverpool pub, you wouldn't have seen these posts. The othering of 'wools' like this is everything Scousers complain about when it happens to them. I thought we were better than this.

7 minutes ago, Mudface said:

At the risk of starting a holy war, if this had happened in a Liverpool pub, you wouldn't have seen these posts. The othering of 'wools' like this is everything Scousers complain about when it happens to them. I thought we were better than this.

So sorry. Is this a go at me for having a go at the comments? Soz if got that wrong, I really am?

7 hours ago, Mudface said:

I dont think that enters into this at all. The fact it was 'over the water' is even more shocking.

1 minute ago, Jimmy Hills Chin said:

But why mention it in the first place, where’s the relevance on such a sad story?

Listen mate, I was half cut on Xmas ale and you’re a bit right, there is no relevance. Annoyingly the echo can’t stop posting her pictures which I doubt t they would if she wasn’t so attractive. 

Unnecessary comment stig? Yeah possibly. “Twat of a post?” That’s a bit much. We all wannabe moral guardians mate but fuck me. It wasn’t that bad. 

• Upvote 1

How it’s phrased is semantics as far as I’m concerned. It objectified a murder victim in a way that I find distasteful having a daughter not far from her age. You could have put ‘big tits too (not that it matters)’ and the last part would also still be paying lip service.

No moral guardian here, I can be as much of a cunt as the next person. I just felt really sad that a young girl has been killed and thought that her looks should bare no relevance. My comment was a dig at your post, not at you.

• Upvote 1

They’ve arrested somebody now. What I genuinely don’t get is the mentality that says “I’ll shoot somebody but I’ll probably get away with it”. The % of unsolved murders is very small so statistically you’re going yo get caught and spend 30 years inside. Why do they think they’re going to beat the odds ? 

6 minutes ago, Captain Willard said:

They’ve arrested somebody now. What I genuinely don’t get is the mentality that says “I’ll shoot somebody but I’ll probably get away with it”. The % of unsolved murders is very small so statistically you’re going yo get caught and spend 30 years inside. Why do they think they’re going to beat the odds ? 

The truth is that the vast majority of criminals are nothing like Moriarty.

1 hour ago, VladimirIlyich said:

The truth is that the vast majority of criminals are nothing like Moriarty.

I do think there should be more education in schools as to the consequences of serous crime. I know a barrister and he says his clients are often shocked when they realise the length of the sentence they are facing. Murder with a gun is a minimum 30 years without parole, probably more in this case as he shot into a crowded pub. So that’s the rest of his adult life in s cell 23 hours a day. I can’t believe he anticipated  that beforehand.