You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other Football 22/23

Bjornebye

He does have a decent sense of humour to be fair, calling his £4m villa on the Costa Blanca ' Casa St James' because it was bought with his Newcastle pay-off, and sending the Geordies into paroxysms of anger was quality.

Do the business, Big Sam.

26 minutes ago, joe_fishfish said:

Such an unlikeable gravy swilling lummox isn’t he? Perfect manager for Leeds really. Bielsa was far too good a person for them.

100%. 

If he keeps them up, he’ll be desperate to stay on.

He’ll get them, they’ll get him. 

The return of Howard Wilkinson. 

5 minutes ago, Rushies tash said:

In fairness, didn't they draw with West Ham in the run in last season?

Penultimate game away...actually rescued a pt after being 2 nil down - put them 4 ahead of us with us playing two days later at soton.

But generally point stands.

4 hours ago, Scott_M said:

IMG_9004.png

the full thing:

’With the likes of Pep Guardiola, Jurgen Klopp and Mikel Arteta, the Premier League is full of innovative managers - and according to Leeds United's new head coach Sam Allardyce, he is right up there with the best of them.

The 68-year-old has been without a club since leaving West Bromwich Albion when they were relegated at the end of the 2020/21 season, the only time in 17 top-flight seasons that he has finished in the bottom three.

Now taking charge of Leeds for their final four matches of the season, in a bid to keep them in the Premier League, he has launched a passionate defence of his abilities.

“In the highlight of this year when [clubs] have had their troubles, they’ve always known where I am, but it’s never materialised until now,” said Allardyce in his first press conference at Leeds.

“The football club chooses which way it wants to go, and far too many people think that I’m old and antiquated, which is so far from the truth.

“I may be 68 and look old but there’s nobody ahead of me in football terms. Not Pep, not Klopp, not Arteta. It’s all there with me, and I shared it with them.

“They do what they do. I do what I do. But in terms of knowledge, and depth of knowledge, I’m up there with them.

“I’m not saying I’m better than them but certainly as good as they are. I just wish that sometimes you can get the opportunity that you can show it.

“But that’s never going to happen for me now, apart from [aiming to] keep Leeds up, and if I stayed at Leeds, [hoping] this club was big enough to build a team that was going to challenge those boys eventually, but that’s a long story away.”’

no idea where to even start with that. Fucking hell. 

1 hour ago, an tha said:

The cheats 0-0 at half time.

If we were going for title with them and these games were on tonight, they'd be 3-0 up now after scoring inside 3 mins.

Did you forget they were playing a Moyes inspired West Ham.