You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should we sign him?   

174 members have voted

1. 1. Should we sign him?

25 minutes ago, chrisbonnie said:

It's funny, he looks like he can't kick a ball at times, is barely starting games, but he's easily going to score 20 goals this season..... 

Hard to complain about him when you look at it like that

Now he's settling down, his touch is improving massively, as is his appreciation of where his team mates are. He's going to be just fine. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

On 30/10/2022 at 14:42, joe_fishfish said:

Also he doesn't work well with Salah, not at all.

Er .. what? Absolutely wrong. His good link up with Salah has been fairly obvious right from the start. In his league debut, both of them directly had a hand in goals for each other. They've combined well in games after that.

Last night he put Salah through for the Cavarlho chance. And also set up a guaranteed tap in which only got deflected past Salah by their defender. Seems some of our fans just wilfully ignore the good attributes of Darwin's game.

• Upvote 4

You can see why we bought him. Even if Mane had stayed we did need someone like this,  that was painfully obvious in the CL final, when the opposition sits back we need someone who can get in the box and bang a few headers in and nick a few toe pokes, plus also run through the cunts like a battering ram. He's a man of mayhem. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, etho said:

Thought he was excellent in his cameo last night. Was in another move where he drove through the middle and weighted a nice little through ball outside of the foot out to the right to Mo. You can see the improvement game by game

But,Andy Carroll,Big Transfer Fee,Portuguese Football,Bad Temperament,yadda,yadda,yadda... 

All mean zero when you are banging in goals in an especially poor Liverpool side. He is great and exactly the type of forward we need,like Section said. It's just a shame we've lost Diaz yet highlights how well Nunez is doing without his service. Nothing bad to see here,move along. 

How bad was Hendo last night? Those body movements when he was invisible were shocking. We need to get rid,and so on.

3 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

I think him and Diaz play abit too close together. Not sure how they will work alongside each other but him and Mo clearly know each others game.

I thought the problem was more him and Jota when they played together, under each others feet. He does naturally drift out wide but he's playing there now because Diaz is out. I love Jota and Bobby but our best front 3 when all fit (hahaha babooshka babooshka) is Diaz Nunez Salah 

9 hours ago, Supremolad said:

Er .. what? Absolutely wrong. His good link up with Salah has been fairly obvious right from the start. In his league debut, both of them directly had a hand in goals for each other. They've combined well in games after that.

Last night he put Salah through for the Cavarlho chance. And also set up a guaranteed tap in which only got deflected past Salah by their defender. Seems some of our fans just wilfully ignore the good attributes of Darwin's game.

Mane and Salah would occasionally go long droughts without assisting each other, I think Nunez has already assisted Mo as many times as Mane managed all of last season. 

I haven't seen anything that would indicate that they can't work together well, and Mo certainly looked a lot more dangerous after Darwin came on. 

19 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Needs to bin that jarg tache off. Last thing we need is Tsimikas growing one and all. 

Have they got the same back tattoo? The cross that you see sticking out of the top of the jersey on the back of the neck? Or have I imagined that? Kostas definitely has it.

Didier Drogba joined Chelsea at 26 I think. In the 2 years before that he'd been excellent for Marseille, theyd taken someone essentially pretty raw and transformed him, but prior to that he hadn't done anything of note.

I'm not saying they're similar players, but I just think in Nunez you can see the potential, and you can see the development steps it will take to reach it. I'm sure he'll do it, and while I'm not remotely comparing he excites me in a way no player has since Suarez. Just think he's going to be a monster, with a little patience.

Imagine if you'd judged him after a few friendlies or the first few games in a struggling team!

His numbers are insane. He's in the top 1% for touches in the box and shots in the top 5 leagues. Considering his start has been patchy, the team itself has been poor and the 2 main suppliers of assists have either been injured or shit then the signs are great.

34 minutes ago, No2 said:

His numbers are insane. He's in the top 1% for touches in the box and shots in the top 5 leagues. Considering his start has been patchy, the team itself has been poor and the 2 main suppliers of assists have either been injured or shit then the signs are great.

Stop it with all this positivity and common sense! He's shit,waste of money,yadda,yadda.

Only thing that there is to worry about is for him to stop getting involved with defenders who are looking to rile him up. 

Just now, VladimirIlyich said:

Stop it with all this positivity and common sense! He's shit,waste of money,yadda,yadda.

Only thing that there is to worry about is for him to stop getting involved with defenders who are looking to rile him up. 

He has to get involved with them, it's his job. Just don't headbutt them and if he really must then he has to properly headbutt them.

• Upvote 1