You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should we sign him?   

174 members have voted

1. 1. Should we sign him?

37 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

If he had a hamstring injury, he wouldn’t be able to sit like this. If it was serious, we’d be able to see it.

5964ECA4-4976-476C-B037-AF720B1A6A46.jpeg

His dog looks happy enough. Is the bigger kid holding a raccoon?

Could be one of our 'minor issues' 'he felt a little thing'....

So we'll see him again around March!

I see he's missed a couple of chances so has gone back to being the biggest flop in Football history. I've just had to mute a load of 'Bantz' Facebook pages for the good of my health.

They obviously didn't hear about all the goals he's scored & the assist for our second.

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

I think he will be great for us but seriously we need to work on his composure because it's really bad. He misses so many easy chances but the cliche is true he's finding the chances if he could just convert them a bit more.

He missed one easy chance against City in my opinion (the one on one), the other two were half chances.

He's averaging a goal every other game, I just don't see the problem folk have with him at all. Mane, Salah & Firmino all miss a lot of good chances too but never seem to get the stick Nunez gets.

• Upvote 5

13 minutes ago, Mook said:

He missed one easy chance against City in my opinion (the one on one), the other two were half chances.

He's averaging a goal every other game, I just don't see the problem folk have with him at all. Mane, Salah & Firmino all miss a lot of good chances too but never seem to get the stick Nunez gets.

In part it will be because he was sold as the efficient goal threat that would get us over the line in the big games.

Salah has always been high volume, Firmino has never been about goals and more about how he tied the system together and Mane was always Mane.

Against Man City he'd probably be getting less stick (only slightly on Twitter) if he'd at least worked the keeper with any of those three similar chances (they were more than half chances at that level), the fact he didn't and ended up with none on target is what gives people more ammunition. 

3 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

In part it will be because he was sold as the efficient goal threat that would get us over the line in the big games.

Salah has always been high volume, Firmino has never been about goals and more about how he tied the system together and Mane was always Mane.

Against Man City he'd probably be getting less stick (only slightly on Twitter) if he'd at least worked the keeper with any of those three similar chances, the fact he didn't and ended up with none on target is what gives people more ammunition. 

It appears that people are constantly looking for ammunition with him in a way they don't with other players though.

He didn't have a great game the other night yet still scared the shit out of one of the most expensively assembled defences in Football history & managed to set up Mo's goal.

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, Mook said:

It appears that people are constantly looking for ammunition with him in a way they don't with other players though.

He didn't have a great game the other night yet still scared the shit out of one of the most expensively assembled defences in Football history & managed to set up Mo's goal.

Personally I'd rather the whole 'he's mad, he's chaos, you never know what he's going to do' thing would go away and we'd see more 7 or 8  out of 10's where he's hitting the ball consistently and contributing to the play consistently.

Everyone uses it as some great positive but it quickly turns to criticism if a player never get's out of that style of play.

I'm not worried. Suarez got off to a slow start goalscoring wise, but his attributes were clear to see, his first season or so he has a lot of shots skimming wide, or twatting the post. 

I feel the same about Darwin, he's big, he's fast, he's strong, he knows exactly where to be to create chances for himself. Once he gets his eye in a bit more those near misses will be slotting into the corner faster than we can keep up with. 

It's coming, this is the calm before the storm. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Aventus said:

I'm not worried. Suarez got off to a slow start goalscoring wise, but his attributes were clear to see, his first season or so he has a lot of shots skimming wide, or twatting the post. 

I feel the same about Darwin, he's big, he's fast, he's strong, he knows exactly where to be to create chances for himself. Once he gets his eye in a bit more those near misses will be slotting into the corner faster than we can keep up with. 

It's coming, this is the calm before the storm. 

Seems the opposite of Suarez.

Suarez turned up and it was clear he was a genius immediately. While he scored a decent amount in his first full season, it was the last two where he got 30 in all comps both seasons. 

Darwin is scoring, a goal every other appearance. But he looks fucking woeful at times.

I didn't see enough of him at Benfica to know if that's just what he's like as a player. That we have to expect him to be erratic with his finishing and occasionally it bounces off him or he almost trips over his own feet. He's quite tall and very quick, so possibly.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Mook said:

A growing portion of supporters arent capable of forming their own opinion of a player these days, or they’re too lazy to do it, so they just harp on about things they’ve read on social media or they heard some attention seeking pundit say.

Or watched them and realised yeah there's flaws in their game. It's allowed to criticise Nunez without it meaning youre writing him off, I've watched almost every minute of him for us and his composure infront of goal has been hugely inconsistent often missing by miles.  That's just a fact if you've watched you've noticed, it hasn't just been made up out of nothing. He's capable of causing absolute mayhem and scoring great goals too. He was described as raw by people who watched him before he came here and its probably the best way to describe him. I'm in no way worried about his future with us.

10 minutes ago, Captain Willard said:

He’s been shit so far tonight. Probably score a wordlie in the second half. 

He's definitely not been shit. He's made great runs and been a real threat, stretching their back 4, which is what we lack since Mane left

His finishing has been shit though, and that's been his problem so far here. His performance has definitely not been crap though

• Upvote 2