You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should we sign him?   

173 members have voted

1. 1. Should we sign him?

1 minute ago, Mook said:

Liverpool aren't state bankrolled though & don't win the league every season like City. I think we (as Liverpool supporters) need to forget comparing players like for like against theirs. We might challenge them from time to time but given the respective owners, it's a losing battle all the way unfortunately.

I think most folks feel our squad is actually deeper. Not just Reds either. 

Nunez may yet turn out to be brilliant.

Playing for Liverpool he should expect to be compared against the best players in the world.

7 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Not sure calling everyone a cunt will work man.

4 of the top 5 teams in the world added first 11 strikers -

Liverpool

City

Barcelona

Bayern

of course he is going to be measured to those.

I think anyone who is trying to compare the 2 is cunt..I'm not terrifically arsed if they don't agree. And honestly, if our fan base want to get wound up, they should probably wonder why Salah isn't the Salah of last year. And that would be fucking stupid as well. 

Just now, TheHowieLama said:

I think most folks feel our squad is actually deeper. Not just Reds either. 

Nunez may yet turn out to be brilliant.

Playing for Liverpool he should expect to be compared against the best players in the world.

After a season maybe but you're asking why he hasn't scored two hat tricks after a handful of games like some other bloke.

Probably because he's playing in a team who look absolutely fucked and was suspended for three of them.

3 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I think anyone who is trying to compare the 2 is cunt..I'm not terrifically arsed if they don't agree. And honestly, if our fan base want to get wound up, they should probably wonder why Salah isn't the Salah of last year. And that would be fucking stupid as well. 

Which half of last year are we wondering about?

2 minutes ago, Mook said:

After a season maybe but you're asking why he hasn't scored two hat tricks after a handful of games like some other bloke.

Probably because he's playing in a team who look absolutely fucked and was suspended for three of them.

Nah - I am pointing out that he will be - and should be - compared against the top players in the world. He will also be compared to top players who no longer play for us. We all hope he ends up favorable in those.

1 minute ago, TheHowieLama said:

Which half of last year are we wondering about?

I'm not wondering at all. Why isn't Salah today the boy we had before Xmas. It's gone beyond he might be exhausted by afcon. It's mayen a system thing..or some might say he's finished..

And to be clear, I'm quite enjoying some (most) of what Salah is doing at the moment, but that absolutely isn't measuring him against himself, it's measuring him in the context of a regular wide footballer. He's our number 1 goalscorer, but right now is struggling with that. 

Think it’s gonna take a bit more time than we all thought.

Nunez had some good moments today and obviously some he should have done quite a bit better with. 

I don’t want to be overly critical, he’s not the only one short of their best at the moment. VVD, Trent, Salah, Robbo, Fabinho…

The service to all our forwards has disappeared to some extent. Robbo and Trent in particular aren’t doing what we’d like of them in that respect. I’m up and down with the lad and will see how it all pans out. Sometimes he looks like a boss and other times like a kid.  

On 17/08/2022 at 00:07, Supremolad said:

I am one of those who voted no to signing Nunez. Thought he was too raw and we could have tried to find a better fit with a player like Nkunku. Alternatively, I felt we could just have kept Origi if a tall, strong finisher upfront was what we needed for certain games.

However, I have seen bits and pieces which suggest Nunez can work long term for us if he develops rightly. Part of that development would need him to be calmer in certain situations. Klopp"s track record suggests we'll get the best out of him if Nunez himself shows the right attitude to learning

Not sure why the last post quoted. Nunez hasn't even played a full 90 yet. Got 2 goals. In a team struggling with injury and form. Let's not act like little virgins and give him some acclimistisation time and support. The guys going to be very very good, got no doubts about it 

• Upvote 1

Pickford being made to become man of the match means Nunez did OK for me, Clive. The midfield is getting over-run and is not really there to support the front players either. Salah is suffering the same fate.