You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boxing 2022

Elite

On 10/07/2022 at 16:56, Kevin D said:

My mate ended up joining us for a pint after being knocked out.

He was talking about going into MMA.

Was just sitting there shaking my head, it’s not worth my time talking crazy people out of doing crazy shit.

Your mate obviously had superior skills but the bigger lad just wore him down with getting inside and hitting him with those knees. Looks like playing a computer game with a kid that only knows one move but it constantly works and there’s fuck all you can do about it. 

Those little feathery armbands your boy was wearing should have seen him get disqualified anyway, it’s not a fucking fashion show. Fair result in the end. 

• 2 weeks later...

I saw that Andy Ruiz is fighting Luis Ortiz next month and is quite big favourite. 

They have both lost 2 fights and I guess Ruiz is younger but that surprised me, so I have lumped on Ortiz winning (£5 free bet like a madman).

The Loneliest Sport 

'The first time I came back to St Louis after I won the Championship, I was in a club. I was supposed to meet the manager of the place. I was waiting there when a guy ran up to me, pointed a finger in my face and says, 'You ain't s***. You ain't nothing.'

And I almost went at him. 'Cause somebody like that, that's just like saying, 'Let's get it on, let's fight.' I got a heating sensation in my body. A burning sensation in my chest and neck. Like what I used to get when I'm out on the street.

But I thought, no man, that ain't you. Look at you now. I mean, even though he's hollering how much he hates you and whatever, a lot of people round here do love you. Like the people in the club, they said to the guy, 'Who the hell is you n*****, to come to our champ like that?''

- Leon Spinks 

FB_IMG_1660335191249.jpg

4 minutes ago, Elite said:

Anyone fancy a Joshua victory?

You'd be a bit mad to after the first fight, but playing devil's advocate, he carries power which he never tried to use last time, although I am surprised Joshua has come in a bit heavier when he was leaden-footed last time.

2 minutes ago, sir roger said:

You'd be a bit mad to after the first fight, but playing devil's advocate, he carries power which he never tried to use last time, although I am surprised Joshua has come in a bit heavier when he was leaden-footed last time.

Likely going for the early KO, probably the only chance he has, though it's likely to backfire with him blowing out of his arse after 4 rounds.

4 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Very strange how Joshua apparently trains like a demon and has added every last advance in sports science yet his endurance has disappeared fight by fight. Maybe too much muscle work and not enough aerobic work ?

He probably can't get much fitter without a decrease in mass and power, he's an absolute unit to be fair.

45 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Very strange how Joshua apparently trains like a demon and has added every last advance in sports science yet his endurance has disappeared fight by fight. Maybe too much muscle work and not enough aerobic work ?

He reminds me of Bruno in so many way, he also would often struggle with stamina.

Also, I think Joshua Like Bruno cannot relax and is full of tension. Don't know if its down to his lack of natural ability and having to have a plan to stick to rather than being more fluid and adapting to what's happening. Usyk late on for me.

• Upvote 2