You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Best opposition goal against Liverpool

Kevin D

2 minutes ago, Baresi said:

Unsure how to embed, but Erik Edman’s for spurs was a great goal. 

Put the goal into YouTube, copy the link at the top of the, then paste into the comment.

It will embed it for you, if you hit enter after the link.

Tis a beauty, in fairness.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, an tha said:

Never liked him, hated his team, but i remember Drogba scoring a quite superb goal against us at Plastic Bridge...a volley on the turn.

Sami is my favourite footballer ever and so I really hated how Drogba used to just dominate him and had both him and Carragher's number. He was their kryptonite.

10 hours ago, Preston Red said:

While Karius isn't the best keeper we've ever had, I remember Redknapp acted like a total cunt in criticising him for that goal.

Fuck me, that thing was a total rocket and not many would've stopped it.

He should be criticised for way he dealt with initial ball that he pushed out in my view that set up the shot - but not the actual shot itself, unsaveable in my book.

13 hours ago, Preston Red said:

While Karius isn't the best keeper we've ever had, I remember Redknapp acted like a total cunt in criticising him for that goal.

He created the opportunity for the shot by being absolute gash. First he pushes the ball into the middle of the goal then he doesn't bother to get up quickly as he thinks his job is done.

Before I opened this thread my initial thought was Crespo's second in 2005, and that was right in post 1, so I got nothing.

The turn and pass by Kaka was obscene, and then Crespo's first-time finish with the outside of the foot... perfection. It was hard to appreciate it at the time, but in the warm glow of victory you realised what a sensational move it was.

The thing about these long range goals, the 30-yarders, you feel that if you caught one right, just about anyone could score a goal like that. But a goal like Milan's third in Istanbul, could only have been fashioned by absolute elite level footballers.

• Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Before I opened this thread my initial thought was Crespo's second in 2005, and that was right in post 1, so I got nothing.

The turn and pass by Kaka was obscene, and then Crespo's first-time finish with the outside of the foot... perfection. It was hard to appreciate it at the time, but in the warm glow of victory you realised what a sensational move it was.

The thing about these long range goals, the 30-yarders, you feel that if you caught one right, just about anyone could score a goal like that. But a goal like Milan's third in Istanbul, could only have been fashioned by absolute elite level footballers.

Spot on. They were on another planet at times in that first half. 

8 hours ago, an tha said:

He should be criticised for way he dealt with initial ball that he pushed out in my view that set up the shot - but not the actual shot itself, unsaveable in my book.

He pushed it out 25 yards or so , past 6 or 7 of our defenders. We have enough Karius errors to work with and don't  really need to go looking for others..

On 13/12/2021 at 21:19, Preston Red said:

That wasnt a Karius mistake,Alisson has done that type of clearance many times. Inevitably Wanyama hit a worldie for the,probably,one time in his Spurs career.

• Upvote 1