You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Alternative 'rona thread

Pureblood

3 hours ago, Iceman said:

Post image

Disappointing to be seeing this so frequently now. What is it you want to do exactly Jenny? SMH. 

A tweet laced with sarcasm highlighted by someone with the nickname of a serial killer whose posts are normally laced with sarcasm, fails to spot the sarcasm in the tweet shocker.

7 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

What is the other context other than that story he told? Come on tell me. I’ll be interested to hear how referring to black people as apes can be meant in any other context than what it is. 

Context is everything.

He’s not referring black to people as apes. He’s referring to the fact that he and his and his mates were out of their element and the only white people in the theatre. Hence why he (poorly uses) the phrase “We were in Africa” 

You don’t get a full that from a 24 second clip. 

Saying “We walked into Planet of The Apes” is not calling everyone in the theatre an ape. It’s acknowledging that he’s walked into the showing of Planet of The Apes. Then he says we walked right into Africa, as they he and his friends were the only white people there to see that show. 

After that 24 second clip on the podcast was  taken from, he continues to explain the scene. He elaborates more. As I said, there’s more to it than just 24 seconds. And the tweet of the other video you shared put together where he’s used the ‘n’ word is a edited and taken out of context too.

It’s been heavily edited to suit an argument and spread lies and misinformation. You can hear this when you listen to the clip though can’t you.

This isn’t about Rogan though, this is about wrongly labelling people a racist, it’s dangerous and disingenuous when edited and short videos like that are used.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Nelly-Torres said:

You can tell the one's who've been brainwashed and radicalised on right leaning US Twitter and podcasts. Constantly going on about Fauci on a forum that is largely used by people resident in Liverpool or the UK and with relatively few US based posters. 

The bad weirdos. Fauci biffs. 

That and the constant retweets, memes and attack lines that originate from Republican politicians, US scientists, US talk show hosts, US news publications, and from the 4Chan meffs. 

Iceman in the thicko loony WhatsApp group:

"We just need another 2,000 shit memes and we'll have more pages than the other Covid thread"

TK:

"I've a few more Djokovic back hand photos too"

Red Phoenix:

"Can either of you offer anything other than useless memes, pictures and sarcasm?"

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Iceman said:

Obviously two completely different things so not even relevant. Get boosted. 

Virologists and immunologists did know that the initial double-dose wouldn't give life-long protection and that boosters would be necessary (because they understand stuff about viruses and about the immune system).

8 hours ago, Iceman said:

As stacks will tell you, I despise simplistic charts like these, but I'll reference it here, merely to make the point about how incorrect it is. Don't look at it is my suggestion. 

Post image

I think people who have received at least one dose outnumber the unvaccinated by about 8 or 9 to 1.

That graph suggests that you are much less likely to die from Covid if you have been vaccinated.

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Iceman said:

As stacks will tell you, I despise simplistic charts like these, but I'll reference it here, merely to make the point about how incorrect it is. Don't look at it is my suggestion. 

Post image

This doesn’t take account of the relative numbers of each population. You need to show deaths per 1,000 for each then it would show the number of unvaccinated people dying as a % of their population is much higher. 

11 hours ago, Nelly-Torres said:

A conspiracy theorist (CT) dies and goes to heaven. Once there, God allows them one question. So, they ask:

CT: "That gene therapy jab was just an attempt at population control by Big Pharma, right?" 

God: "No, the vaccine was totally legit." 

CT: "Wow, this goes higher up than I thought…" 

That’s mad. CT are the initials people use when they talk about me on here. 

59 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

That graph suggests that you are much less likely to die from Covid if you have been vaccinated.

It does. However, many people will not be vaccinated because they belong to particularly vulnerable groups. So you can't use raw numbers like this to make a meaningful comparison either way. For that, you would need to strip out the vulnerable groups and just compare unvaccinated people who were eligible to be vaccinated.

6 hours ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

Context is everything.

He’s not referring black to people as apes. He’s referring to the fact that he and his and his mates were out of their element and the only white people in the theatre. Hence why he (poorly uses) the phrase “We were in Africa” 

You don’t get a full that from a 24 second clip. 

Saying “We walked into Planet of The Apes” is not calling everyone in the theatre an ape. It’s acknowledging that he’s walked into the showing of Planet of The Apes. Then he says we walked right into Africa, as they he and his friends were the only white people there to see that show. 

After that 24 second clip on the podcast was  taken from, he continues to explain the scene. He elaborates more. As I said, there’s more to it than just 24 seconds. And the tweet of the other video you shared put together where he’s used the ‘n’ word is a edited and taken out of context too.

It’s been heavily edited to suit an argument and spread lies and misinformation. You can hear this when you listen to the clip though can’t you.

This isn’t about Rogan though, this is about wrongly labelling people a racist, it’s dangerous and disingenuous when edited and short videos like that are used.

He does refer to black people as apes, it is quite clear. Show me the rest that you keep going on about ? 

5 hours ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

Ha! You’re full of shit.

No, that’s exactly what happened. Sorry to burst your bubble. 

3617D972-8A76-4722-9FBE-3C3955F13011.png