You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Crystal Palace (H) - Sunday 23rd May, 4:00pm

Trumo

2 hours ago, Halcyon Days said:

Haha that spoilt baby would  have downed tools or walked after Gomez got crocked.

He spent half of last season cry arsing because just Laporte got injured, fuck knows how he would have coped with using his 6th and 7th choice centre backs. He probably would have thrown a tantrum until they gave him another 200m to spend in the January window.

Laporte played more games last season than Van Dijk and Gomez combined, but somehow that's not a valid point. 

8 minutes ago, Aventus said:

He spent half of last season cry arsing because just Laporte got injured, fuck knows how he would have coped with using his 6th and 7th choice centre backs. He probably would have thrown a tantrum until they gave him another 200m to spend in the January window.

Laporte played more games last season than Van Dijk and Gomez combined, but somehow that's not a valid point. 

I’m convinced no other team or manager would come through this shit fest of a season like Klopp and the boys have.

Our defence for the past few months now has cost 8 million quid, unreal it really is.

Meanwhile the cheating cunts over in Mill Town had 3 defenders on the fucking bench today totalling £150 million quid!

Klopp and this group of players he’s assembled continue to amaze. Let’s hope the owners back the boss to the hilt now (I know!) because while he’s still here this league is there for the taking.

• Upvote 6

7 hours ago, TheDrowningMan said:

I think the single biggest factor is that he had to settle in after injury playing a different role due to the absence of Fabinho and / or Henderson. If I have to criticise one thing about Klopp this season, it’s persevering with Fabinho in defence for a few games too many after it became apparent how much it hurt the midfield and attack. He’ll have his reasons and perhaps we wouldn’t have gone on this fine late run without the extra pressure, but it would have been nice if we could’ve pipped United to second.

In the first 8 games that Fabinho played at CB this season, we won 6 and drew 2. It wasn't necessarily that he was missed in midfield, it was when Matip joined VVD and Gomez on the treatment table, both himself and Henderson were taken from the engine room. 

That fucked us. 

10 hours ago, Razoray said:

In the first 8 games that Fabinho played at CB this season, we won 6 and drew 2. It wasn't necessarily that he was missed in midfield, it was when Matip joined VVD and Gomez on the treatment table, both himself and Henderson were taken from the engine room. 

That fucked us. 

I didn’t do the best job of explaining, but that’s sort of what I meant - the second half of the season when both were injured and we’d lost Fabinho and Henderson killed us. There were several games during that period where, if I recall correctly, Fabinho was injured too, yet we persisted with Henderson and a defender and, following his injury, still put Fabinho straight back into defence even though it seemed apparent the midfield and, by extension, attack was suffering badly.

It wasn’t until after the Fulham loss (where Fabinho came on as a defender with us chasing the game) that the change was made and we subsequently went the rest of the league season unbeaten.