You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Russia v Ukraine

Bjornebye

1 minute ago, M_B said:

The Americans not keeping an inventory does not equate to the weapons disappearing into thin air. It just means they can't track them, probably because they have given more than they are declaring. Your implication the Ukrainians have stolen them to sell on the Black Market is pure Russian propaganda.

Aye course it is. Those asking questions to Kirby were also the KGB.

"just can't track em" a billion dollars worth. Give over. 

Just now, Gnasher said:

Aye course it is. Those asking questions to Kirby were also the KGB.

"just can't track em" a billion dollars worth. Give over. 

https://edition.cnn.com/2024/01/11/politics/pentagon-tracking-weapons-ukraine-report/index.html

The Pentagon did not properly track $1 billion worth of military equipment sent to Ukraine, according to a watchdog report released on Thursday.

The report from the Pentagon Inspector General says that while the Defense Department has improved its ability to track military aid sent to Ukraine, it “did not fully comply” with requirements and much of the equipment sent is “delinquent,” meaning it’s not possible to complete an inventory of everything sent.

Among the items that are designated for enhanced end-use monitoring (EEUM) are weapons like Javelin and Stinger missiles, night-vision devices, AIM-9X missiles, and Advanced Medium-Range Air-to-Air Missiles. According to the IG report, roughly $1.005 billion of the total $1.699 billion of equipment subject to end-use monitoring was not inventoried as of June 2023.

The new report comes at a critical moment for Ukraine aid, as Congress debates whether to authorize a supplemental package of more than $60 billion in aid amid significant Republican opposition. A failure to provide a new package could be damaging to Ukraine’s chances of winning the war after its counteroffensive against Russian forces stalled last year.

The report will likely buttress the stance of Republicans arguing against sending more aid.

Since December 2022, revisions to the inventory process for the Defense Department and Ukrainian Armed Forces resulted in an improvement to the Pentagon’s ability to track the weapons, the report says. But “significant personnel limitations and accountability challenges remain.”

“Until the DoD resolves these challenges, it will be unable to fully comply with the EEUM program requirements to account for all of the more than $1.699 billion in EEUM‑designated defense articles provided to Ukraine,” the inspector general said in its report.

Indeed, the US’ Office of Defense Cooperation (ODC)-Kyiv said there is “no evidence of unauthorized or illicit transfer of EEUM defense articles provided to Ukraine,” and emphasized personnel limitations as a primary challenge to providing a full inventory of equipment.

“Standard EEUM inventory procedures are not practical in a dynamic and hostile wartime environment,” a letter from ODC-Kyiv said, adding that the “unprecedented volume” of equipment being sent to Ukraine “is beyond the capacity of the limited DoD personnel in country to physically inventory even if access were unrestricted.”

Pentagon spokesman Maj. Gen. Pat Ryder said later on Thursday that there is “no credible evidence of illicit diversion of US-provided advanced conventional weapons from Ukraine.”

We do see some instances of Russia continuing to spread disinformation to the contrary, but the fact is, we observe the Ukrainians employing these capabilities on the battlefield,” Ryder said. “We’re seeing them use them effectively, for all the obvious reasons in that Russia continues to present a significant threat to Ukraine’s sovereignty.”

While delinquency could suggest weapons had been stolen or diverted away from Ukrainian forces, the inspector general said it was outside the scope of its probe to determine what had happened to the weapons that were not properly tracked.

“The DoD OIG now has personnel stationed in Ukraine,” the report says, “and the DoD OIG’s Defense Criminal Investigative Service continues to investigate allegations of criminal conduct with regard to U.S. security assistance to Ukraine.”

And here is the report itself.

https://media.defense.gov/2024/Jan/11/2003374323/-1/-1/1/DODIG-2024-043-EEMU_REDACTED SECURE.PDF

5 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Do you honestly think they would  say any different? 

Doesn't matter what they say. The report clearly states a failure by the US to keep an inventory of the items. You took that information and used it to imply the Ukrainians stole the weapons to sell on the black market.

So the real question is, why did you choose to do that? 

• Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, M_B said:

Doesn't matter what they say. The report clearly states a failure by the US to keep an inventory of the items. You took that information and used it to imply the Ukrainians stole the weapons to sell on the black market.

So the real question is, why did you choose to do that? 

Been to espionage night at Army cadets again? No the real question is why can such a monumental fuck up happen with processing weapons to Ukraine? 

Because in all probability its likely to have been happening. Stop believing everything the stars and stripes ram down your throat to cover their mistakes.

They've got form.

https://www.stripes.com/theaters/europe/2023-09-14/american-weapons-ukraine-theft-11374430.html

https://www.cnn.com/2023/07/20/politics/pentagon-watchdog-report-ukraine-weaponry/index.html

Anyway I'm off out, you crack on.

11 minutes ago, M_B said:

And now you're doubling down. Proof that you're just a russian stooge.

But we all knew that anyway. 

You're mad. You really have been to espionage night 

38 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

You're mad. You really have been to espionage night 

What are you on about? That’s exactly what you were not so subtly suggesting, then you backed the claim and now you’ve gradually moved to the Americans having form and now you’re just saying people he’s mad. It’s your repeated way of debating - say something, repeat it or stick to it, then gradually muddy it by arguing something slightly off topic and the point is lost.

You’re either purposely doing it, or you don’t understand what you’re doing, either way you’re a crank and I’d guess on the former of the 2 options is more likely as well.

Same thing as the Starmer thread. You’ve been called a bot so many times, there’s no way you haven’t found out what people mean by that, but you pretend to not even know what a bot is.

Not that it’ll mean anything, but I was fully giving you the benefit of the doubt, but due to the views you’re peddling and the way you’re doing it, I really wish you’d stop. 

It’ll be people like you that are largely to blame if the tories get another term in charge, in whatever capacity, but I think that is actually what you want to achieve.

Not sure what the fuck you’re hoping to achieve with this thread though

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, Curly said:

What are you on about? That’s exactly what you were not so subtly suggesting, then you backed the claim and now you’ve gradually moved to the Americans having form and now you’re just saying people he’s mad. It’s your repeated way of debating - say something, repeat it or stick to it, then gradually muddy it by arguing something slightly off topic and the point is lost.

You’re either purposely doing it, or you don’t understand what you’re doing, either way you’re a crank and I’d guess on the former of the 2 options is more likely as well.

Same thing as the Starmer thread. You’ve been called a bot so many times, there’s no way you haven’t found out what people mean by that, but you pretend to not even know what a bot is.

Not that it’ll mean anything, but I was fully giving you the benefit of the doubt, but due to the views you’re peddling and the way you’re doing it, I really wish you’d stop. 

It’ll be people like you that are largely to blame if the tories get another term in charge, in whatever capacity, but I think that is actually what you want to achieve.

Not sure what the fuck you’re hoping to achieve with this thread though

Good god. I think the only bot is you.

5 hours ago, SasaS said:

Attention?

I don't need attention of you. You are free to put me on ignore. It would not bother me in the slightest.

On topic.  Corruption regarding weapons to Ukraine have been a cause of concern for some time. 

It's not unreasonable for a western journalists to ask questions about alleged billion pounds of weapons lost and notaccounted on official records. You can of course believe he official USA response and  Kirby when questioned earlier.

https://www.stripes.com/theaters/europe/2023-09-14/american-weapons-ukraine-theft-11374430.html

https://www.cnn.com/2023/07/20/politics/pentagon-watchdog-report-ukraine-weaponry/index.html

I'm not so trusting tbh. King of Ukraine and all that. Money going missing/books not tallying up etc.

But I'm a Russian bot/spy/shill etc.

1 minute ago, Gnasher said:

I don't need attention of you. You are free to put me on ignore. It would not bother me in the slightest.

On topic.  Corruption regarding weapons to Ukraine have been a cause of concern for some time. 

It's not unreasonable and being a member of the KGB to post questions to Kirby about alleged billion not accounted on official records. You can of course believe unquestionably the official USA response and the Kirby when questioned earlier.

I'm not so trusting tbh.  But I'm a Russian bot/spy/shill etc.

I don't think you are a bot spy or shill, take it up with people who do. 

I also said nothing about the weapons.

26 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Good god. I think the only bot is you.

I didn’t say you were a bot - I pointed out how strange it was that you claimed to not know what a bot is when it was brought up once, which is ridiculous and strange.

2 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

People who think I'm a bot, a shill or some form of Russian agent should have their connection to the Internet taken away.

Fucking idiots. 

Never called you a shill either, but I do think you are for some reason pro Russia and anti-Ukraine 

8 hours ago, M_B said:

Zonky.. Curly. Section... repped that post. Saying I'm a Russian stooge. Utter fucking clowns. Idiots.

• Downvote 1

8 hours ago, M_B said:

I love a poster who speaks for others. You must have some kudos.

"We all"

is that just the three imbeciles who reppped your post or do you speak for others?

If so don't be shy. 

55 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

I love a poster who speaks for others. You must have some kudos.

"We all"

is that just the three imbeciles who reppped your post or do you speak for others?

If so don't be shy. 

98dce92e-88ed-48b6-b849-c18874c20769_text.gif