You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Russia v Ukraine

Bjornebye

8 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

lose that amount of mainly front line troops is unfathomable

Why? 361k is a drop in the bucket for Russia. The only question is that accuracy. It's 87% of what they had then. They would have had an active force of @500k at that time. I think they are double that now.

Sasas will be along soon to weigh in on the numbers -- my guess is it is about half that kia.

Yeah you maybe right, I'm not sure.. That's does seem a phenomenal amount of lost men. I'm suprised they are keeping social order in Russia with them losses. 

3 hours ago, Gnasher said:

It appears he is disagreeing with it. 90% losses is veering into Ghost of Kiev/Putin has cancer type nonsense. 

It isn't 90% losses. It's 90% dead or wounded. A high percentage of those wounded will be light wounds and the soldiers will return to the front in short time. Many allied units on the Western Front in WW2 had 90% to even 100% casualty rates, yet continued fighting to the end of the war.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, M_B said:

It isn't 90% losses. It's 90% dead or wounded. A high percentage of those wounded will be light wounds and the soldiers will return to the front in short time. Many allied units on the Western Front in WW2 had 90% to even 100% casualty rates, yet continued fighting to the end of the war.

It'll be seriously wounded, otherwise why bother documenting them? If so they're out of action. That's a lot of manpower to lose from the battlefield and a lot of replacements having to be brought in.The timing of the announcement also raises eyebrows.

Anyway if you want to believe it:crack on.

I will thanks. The war has been going on for 22 months now. 

An average of 480 dead and wounded per day over that period equals 330k. The Russians are currently averaging around 1k per day and have been for some time. Same with the Bakhmut campaign. I don't think it's far fetched at all.

...plus the Russians stopped handing out Ladas to families in compensation ages ago. Now they get a sack of potatoes.

23 minutes ago, M_B said:

I will thanks. The war has been going on for 22 months now. 

An average of 480 dead and wounded per day over that period equals 330k. The Russians are currently averaging around 1k per day and have been for some time. Same with the Bakhmut campaign. I don't think it's far fetched at all.

...plus the Russians stopped handing out Ladas to families in compensation ages ago. Now they get a sack of potatoes.

1400r a month to go to Ukraine now. Much more than the average wage. The soldiers send the money home, the families send goods/food/socks etc to the front line. Report on the tv earlier. Didn't mention compo for death or injury.

8 minutes ago, SasaS said:

I see that Kofman also does not get the 90 percent application, since the casualties consist of all sorts of personnel, convicts, mobilized etc. And I didn't know they included the separatists in that number.

Even from the initial number of troops sent through its duration its still a cooked up figure.

Russia still hoping it can become about NATO.

Recently, the spokeswoman of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Russia, Maria Zakharova, stated that "taking into account the destruction of a significant part of the airfield infrastructure on the territory of Ukraine, there is a high probability that the F-16 tactical combat aircraft transferred to the Ukrainian armed forces by the states NATO members will fly from air bases in Poland, Slovakia and Romania".

Today, December 13, during the OSCE plenary session, the head of the Russian delegation in Vienna for military security and arms control, Konstantin Gavrilov, stated that Russia firmly warns that "the use of F-16 tactical fighter jets on the territory of the states mentioned above above will be considered by Moscow as the participation of these countries in the conflict in Ukraine and will force Russia to take appropriate measures", says the Embassy of the Russian Federation in Bucharest.

23 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

Recently, the spokeswoman of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Russia, Maria Zakharova, stated that "taking into account the destruction of a significant part of the airfield infrastructure on the territory of Ukraine, there is a high probability that the F-16 tactical combat aircraft transferred to the Ukrainian armed forces by the states NATO members will fly from air bases in Poland, Slovakia and Romania".

Today, December 13, during the OSCE plenary session, the head of the Russian delegation in Vienna for military security and arms control, Konstantin Gavrilov, stated that Russia firmly warns that "the use of F-16 tactical fighter jets on the territory of the states mentioned above above will be considered by Moscow as the participation of these countries in the conflict in Ukraine and will force Russia to take appropriate measures", says the Embassy of the Russian Federation in Bucharest.

Yawn. Shithouses never follow up do they.

2 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

No one is blaming the messenger (the messenger is literally a nobody) - just pointing out how ridiculous it is to throw up some rando's opinion. Over and over again.

Why would you even have that in your feed or find an account like that? You'd have to be literally searching and digging surely.

2 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

No one is blaming the messenger (the messenger is literally a nobody) - just pointing out how ridiculous it is to throw up some rando's opinion. Over and over again.

It's not an opinion, it's a situation  I found it quite fumny. Stop being so precious. Wasn't it you who made a song and dance about putting me on ignore By? By the way it wasn't on my timeline it was sent but don't let that stop your crusade to police the internet. You're doing a cracking job.

4 minutes ago, TheSire said:

Why would you even have that in your feed or find an account like that? You'd have to be literally searching and digging surely.

I've got people who still think the ghost of Kiev was real if it makes you feel better. Evens it up a bit.

On 14/12/2023 at 12:28, TheHowieLama said:

Russia takes appropriate measures against NATO the way I take appropriate measures about my weight. 

• Haha 1

As an adult, I don't have anyone on ignore.

Maybe there are some folks who think a self proclaimed pacifist, horrified at civilians caught in a war, finding innocent folks being blown up funny is a bit off. Like way off. Or maybe, as has been pointed out previously numerous times, it's funny only because certain people got blown up. And that is why it showed up on your timeline.

Not sure pointing out you follow crackpots on both sides is a winner either tbh.