You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Russia v Ukraine

Bjornebye

8 hours ago, redinblack said:

These fucking Tory Rats post themselves as patriots and defenders of the country but they will show their knickers to anyone who flashes their wallets at them. Shame on them and the cunts who voted for them.

Tbf at least the media make them up to look like Russians and constantly infer they are Russian stooges...oh wait.

On 24/02/2022 at 15:55, Numero Veinticinco said:

Yeah, there's absolutely no way I'm going to call it Chicken Keev. If my it comes down to it, I'm happy to apply for a Russian passport on the basis of that alone.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/sainsburys-renames-chicken-kiev-support-26394151

Sainsbury's renames chicken Kiev in support of Ukraine and removes Russian vodka

The chain has pledged to introduce new packaging using the words chicken Kyiv, as opposed to the Russian spelling of Kiev, in the popular dishes it stocks

36 minutes ago, Kobayashi Maru said:

Genuine question .... can anyone explain why a billionaire who takes advantage of the system to exploit other people is called an 'Oligarch' if from Russia but a 'Billionaire' or a 'job creator' in the West?

According to the dictionary definition, an oligarch is someone who is part of a small group of people holding power or influence in a state. The state itself can be called an oligarchy.

It doesnt relate to how much money they have, power or authority is the criteria.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Pureblood said:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/sainsburys-renames-chicken-kiev-support-26394151

Sainsbury's renames chicken Kiev in support of Ukraine and removes Russian vodka

The chain has pledged to introduce new packaging using the words chicken Kyiv, as opposed to the Russian spelling of Kiev, in the popular dishes it stocks

Christ on a bike is that real?

Why do we live in an age of such ditzy frizolity and mass hysteria. 

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Kobayashi Maru said:

Genuine question .... can anyone explain why a billionaire who takes advantage of the system to exploit other people is called an 'Oligarch' if from Russia but a 'Billionaire' or a 'job creator' in the West?

Classic British hypocrisy 

• Downvote 1

I'd like to have a little positivity like some of the reports coming out, but it seems like wishful thinking to me. Unless NATO or the EU decide to upgrade their response to actual physical help, then Russia may be delayed but will overrun Ukraine eventually despite their fantastic rearguard effort. My worry is that it may be even worse for them as Putin doesn't seem the type to appreciate being made a fool of, and is a vindictive bastard.

• Upvote 1