You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Russia v Ukraine

Bjornebye

1 minute ago, A Red said:

What happens when Russian forces head west towards the Polish border and shells start landing, albeit perhaps accidently, in Poland? 

I think, despite what the media are saying, that Putin whilst a twat is not completely stupid. I don't believe he has any intention of going near a NATO country. 

If a couple hit, by accident, I believe/hope both sides will let a couple go, as all can see the bigger picture. 

Despite no evidence whatsoever, my thoughts are he will take Ukraine and then see how he sits. If Russia are ok economically he may go for continuing expansion/invasion but not touch NATO countries.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, A Red said:

What happens when Russian forces head west towards the Polish border and shells start landing, albeit perhaps accidently, in Poland? 

I think it'll be over one way or another by then, hopefully with a full withdrawal but more likly through talks, if it did happen I'd suggest the west put on a cool head and refrain from doing anything rash.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Scooby Dudek said:

I think, despite what the media are saying, that Putin whilst a twat is not completely stupid. I don't believe he has any intention of going near a NATO country. 

If a couple hit, by accident, I believe/hope both sides will let a couple go, as all can see the bigger picture. 

Despite no evidence whatsoever, my thoughts are he will take Ukraine and then see how he sits. If Russia are ok economically he may go for continuing expansion/invasion but not touch NATO countries.

Yeah, I think you're spot on.

3 minutes ago, Scooby Dudek said:

Unless he's really stupid he'd surely also realise how completely outclassed his military would be, I reckon even we could best them with our two tanks and six marines.

11 minutes ago, Pete said:

Assuming all this footage is true Russia seems to be really shit at this war thing.  

Not sure how true it is tbh, the journo is bona fida and works for the most reputable newspaper in Ukraine but them figures seem high. No doubts the Russian army are proving themselves wanting in this invasion. No possible way would this mob role into Western Europe and if they did they'd get hammered. 

I hope the Russians announce a pull out in Ukraine soon but I'm afraid i can't see it at the mo.

1 hour ago, Section_31 said:

Unless he's really stupid he'd surely also realise how completely outclassed his military would be, I reckon even we could best them with our two tanks and six marines.

Your probably right but you havnt factored in our own incompetence at the top level. Unconfirmed reports the high profile General killed by sniper fire was actually taken outside and assassinated by his own side on orders from Moscow, bullet in the head, wouldn't suprise me, its the way they deal with failure, over here we'd have put him in the House of Lords.

1 hour ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

This thread title is pissing me off, surely it should read Ukraine v Russia seeing as Ukraine is the home team?

This is not America Bjornabye, this is not America!

I was thinking ahead! 

Need a permanent ceasefire not just a temporary one but hopefully most will get out safely, although as this was originally announced by Russian state news agencies we best be a little skeptical.

Edit; according to the bbc the Russians have damaged 90% of the buildings in Volonavahka, fucking hell.

7 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Need a permanent ceasefire not just a temporary one but hopefully most will get out safely, although as this was originally announced by Russian state news agencies we best be a little skeptical.

Probably just wanna get pissed with it being the weekend 

1 hour ago, Rico1304 said:

I can imagine the scenes at Tunbridge Wells station. Loads of fat, red-faced bastards shoving them back on the train with Patel and Francois egging them on from a limo parked outside and Daily Mail photographers snapping any groups of young men ready for the next day's paper.

16 hours ago, PestiRed said:

No one here is really panicking yet, most people believe that even if Putin was crazy enough to attack a NATO country it probably wouldn’t be Hungary. Having said that, everyone has a plan. Passport applications in Hungary have gone through the roof and there’s been a shortage of euros as everyone ensures they have a stash in case of having to move quickly.

Thanks to Brexit and Priti Patel being evil, I don’t think I could quickly get my wife and mother-in-law into the U.K. so our rough plan is to drive to Austria and find a rural B&B somewhere around Salzburg

Best wishes to you mate - I hope it doesn't come to that. 

11 hours ago, SasaS said:

Last time, as soon as we secured the title, first pandemic in a hundred years broke out. This season, as soon as we cut the lead to 3 points, first major invasion in Europe in seventy years happened. So should we go top of the table, I think the nukes are definitely coming out.

a bleak but logical conclusion.  Let's hope we win it again in 2023 just before the sun explodes.