You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

ZeroZeroZero

Bjornebye

36 minutes ago, Dr Nowt said:

Yeah, no two ways about it. Don Pietro to the gimp leading a moped gang. 

I still think the latter seasons are very good, the last couple of episodes of season four are boss. It’s also probably true to life, I was reading an article in The Guardian a while ago saying most of the old Dons are either dead or in jail and now the little fuckers on the mopeds run riot. 

https://amp.theguardian.com/world/2019/feb/25/camorra-child-gangsters-replace-omerta-with-social-media-boasting

8 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Where have you all been for the last 6-9 months? I reviewed this ages ago and now you've just jumped on the train.Glory hunters!

Maybe you should have started a thread and received the plaudits? He who hesitates, masturbates. 

11 hours ago, Sugar Ape said:

I still think the latter seasons are very good, the last couple of episodes of season four are boss. It’s also probably true to life, I was reading an article in The Guardian a while ago saying most of the old Dons are either dead or in jail and now the little fuckers on the mopeds run riot. 

https://amp.theguardian.com/world/2019/feb/25/camorra-child-gangsters-replace-omerta-with-social-media-boasting

5CCB0444-B8F4-449A-9843-484118A844A7.gif

11 hours ago, Sugar Ape said:

Fair enough mate. I’ll keep gradually plugging away.

On 08/02/2021 at 19:10, Carvalho Diablo said:

Enjoyed season 1 of Gomorrah but then it reminded me of something Pacino said during Carlito's Way, they're nothing more than a bunch of purse snatchers.

That's the beauty of Gomorrah for me, in that every single character is horrendous. 

D/L'd the whole series and binge watched over the last 3 days. Really good show, some of the side stories got a bit lame for me and what I thought was really good use of the re-run of a time line, but from another character perspective, whilst good, became a tad over used, though in certain instances it was really powerful and effective.

Really good show and i thought the lad who played Chris, played it really well. Don Minu was proper sinister, the finger scene was proper old school I guess for gangsters and his blinding eye was scene taking alone.

Andrea Riseborough was immense, hauntingly beautiful and in the opening OP asking the question, yes, I think I would, though she's a certain times of the day bit of strange. In the club absolutely. When she appeared at the doorway with Don Minu, was another oh yes, I would.  

Looking forward to the second series but I would advice people not to binge watch, as I did, as it takes something away from it if am honest, on reflection.

Cheers for the head up.  

3 minutes ago, Chip Butty said:

D/L'd the whole series and binge watched over the last 3 days. Really good show, some of the side stories got a bit lame for me and what I thought was really good use of the re-run of a time line, but from another character perspective, whilst good, became a tad over used, though in certain instances it was really powerful and effective.

Really good show and i thought the lad who played Chris, played it really well. Don Minu was proper sinister, the finger scene was proper old school I guess for gangsters and his blinding eye was scene taking alone.

Andrea Riseborough was immense, hauntingly beautiful and in the opening OP asking the question, yes, I think I would, though she's a certain times of the day bit of strange. In the club absolutely. When she appeared at the doorway with Don Minu, was another oh yes, I would.  

Looking forward to the second series but I would advice people not to binge watch, as I did, as it takes something away from it if am honest, on reflection.

Cheers for the head up.  

You could have just watched it a few posts up. I still haven't seen it, mind.

17 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

You could have just watched it a few posts up. I still haven't seen it, mind.

Yes, cheers for that, was tempted to, but wanted to watch on the big telly, plus she was interested in it, so I thought I'd do the loving valentines weekend bit and watch it together. 

Feel free to neg me for being a soft twat. 

2 minutes ago, Chip Butty said:

Yes, cheers for that, was tempted to, but wanted to watch on the big telly, plus she was interested in it, so I thought I'd do the loving valentines weekend bit and watch it together. 

Feel free to neg me for being a soft twat. 

To be fair, that seems like a fair reason. Repped instead.

40 minutes ago, Chip Butty said:

Cheers for the head up.  

Brilliant write up. Yeah in the club she is immense. Even my bird said so. 

There isn't going to be a second series though unfortunately. 

45 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Brilliant write up. Yeah in the club she is immense. Even my bird said so. 

There isn't going to be a second series though unfortunately. 

Cheers.

That last line is a bit gutting, thought there is enough in that first series to give weight to a second. 

Andrea Riseborough has a touch of Tilda Swinton, in her. Though I reckon she scrubs up, a tad better.

8 minutes ago, Chip Butty said:

Cheers.

That last line is a bit gutting, thought there is enough in that first series to give weight to a second. 

Andrea Riseborough has a touch of Tilda Swinton, in her. Though I reckon she scrubs up, a tad better.

She's from Whitley Bay mate so whilst she might indeed be a great shag you know full well two wines in she'll turn into an angry man-hating vicious cunt, embarrass you in-front of everyone and absolutely give you something the dick doctors need to google. 

5 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

She's from Whitley Bay mate so whilst she might indeed be a great shag you know full well two wines in she'll turn into an angry man-hating vicious cunt, embarrass you in-front of everyone and absolutely give you something the dick doctors need to google. 

I didn't realise you knew the wife 

• Upvote 1