You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Favourite national radio DJ past and present

Gnasher

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
On 12/04/2020 at 19:33, Bjornebye said:

I enjoyed Wogan on Radio 2. I also really liked Chris Evans breakfast show. 

Johnny Vaughan is superb on Radio X, 4 till 7. Seriously funny. 

Vernon Kay used to do a slot in the mornings on a sunday on Radio 1. He used to play loads of 90's music and none of the usual modern Radio 1 stuff. That was the only time I'd listen to that station. 

Wogan rep. 

Occasionally used to listen to Mary Ann Hobbs on 6 Music on the way to a job in Rawtenstall or Hull or somewhere equally exciting (usually on those rare occasions when i couldn't get my phone to connect to the hire car's bluetooth) and i've nearly nodded off listening to her voice. The woman is too lad back for her own good, quite frankly. 

13 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

Yes but like Jimmy Page, we’ve gone for the collective “it was all a long time ago and I liked him so I’m going to ignore it” defence. Meanwhile Gary glitter sits on D wing wondering why it didn’t apply to him. 

Shit music

28 minutes ago, Total Longo said:

Wow, i had no idea about lovable old Peelie. Yet he constantly appears on the TotP reruns... 

In his defence I get the feeling Jagger, Bowie, Jimmy Page and a few others were no angels.

Thank heavens that period of music gave us Cliff Richard and Elton John. 

On 16/04/2021 at 14:48, Total Longo said:

Occasionally used to listen to Mary Ann Hobbs on 6 Music on the way to a job in Rawtenstall or Hull or somewhere equally exciting (usually on those rare occasions when i couldn't get my phone to connect to the hire car's bluetooth) and i've nearly nodded off listening to her voice. The woman is too lad back for her own good, quite frankly. 

I like Mary Anne Hobbs. She is, as you say, laid back but I take that as more of a plus sign, like a soothing balm compered to these djs that shout and act overexcited all the time. 

23 hours ago, Gnasher said:

I like Mary Anne Hobbs. She is, as you say, laid back but I take that as more of a plus sign, like a soothing balm compered to these djs that shout and act overexcited all the time. 

Oh yeah, i agree totally mate. My post came across as probably more critical than it was intended. I could listen to her for ages, it's just not ideal when driving through formulaic Northern towns.