You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Favourite national radio DJ past and present

Gnasher

Pete Price is excluded as hed obviously win both by a country mile or he'd file a lawsuit against Dave and the site.

From personal experience I find rsidio jocks better today than those of yesteryear when to get a slot on national radio you had to be either 

a closet pervert.

a closet nonce.

a closet paedophile.

dress like a clown.

act like Timmy Mallet.

or behave like an utter fuckwit.

Or be all of the above.

Anyway me two faves. 

Recent. Craig Charles.  Past Johnny Walker.

Alan "Fluff" Freeman.

His enthusiasm for rock and metal shone through. And his spoken links were always boss.

I had a period when I was on the road so I used to tape his programmes and play them in the car. he was brilliant.

Also Tommy Vance, and John Peel goes without saying. When I was a kid I used to record his prog for my brother when he went to the pub. The night Forest knocked us out of teh European Cup he started his programme with YNWA, said "never mind lads", and launched into his programme.

• Upvote 2

Sorry for babbling on I've had a few. Anyone on here remember a thread on here from about 5 years ago started by a fella who wanted to beat the fuck out of a local Merseyside DJ Fat Cunt  Kevin someone. or other who dissed Stevie G? He was fucking mad, funny as fuck though 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Gnasher said:

Sorry for babbling on I've had a few. Anyone on here remember a thread on here from about 5 years ago started by a fella who wanted to beat the fuck out of a local Merseyside DJ Fat Cunt  Kevin someone. or other who dissed Stevie G? He was fucking mad, funny as fuck though 

Kev Seed I think?

7 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

PS dont apologise, Ive had loads, it took me ages to type that.

• Upvote 1

I enjoyed Wogan on Radio 2. I also really liked Chris Evans breakfast show. 

Johnny Vaughan is superb on Radio X, 4 till 7. Seriously funny. 

Vernon Kay used to do a slot in the mornings on a sunday on Radio 1. He used to play loads of 90's music and none of the usual modern Radio 1 stuff. That was the only time I'd listen to that station. 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, redinblack62 said:

Alan "Fluff" Freeman.

His enthusiasm for rock and metal shone through. And his spoken links were always boss.

I had a period when I was on the road so I used to tape his programmes and play them in the car. he was brilliant.

Also Tommy Vance, and John Peel goes without saying. When I was a kid I used to record his prog for my brother when he went to the pub. The night Forest knocked us out of teh European Cup he started his programme with YNWA, said "never mind lads", and launched into his programme.

Was it on here where I seen a clip of Alan Freeman pop up and go wow and gestured with his head to  come along. Thinking on it was the mate who sent it and he probably seen it on here. 

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

I enjoyed Wogan on Radio 2. I also really liked Chris Evans breakfast show. 

Johnny Vaughan is superb on Radio X, 4 till 7. Seriously funny. 

Vernon Kay used to do a slot in the mornings on a sunday on Radio 1. He used to play loads of 90's music and none of the usual modern Radio 1 stuff. That was the only time I'd listen to that station. 

Where did he go after Radio X?

1 minute ago, Tj hooker said:

Past Steve Wright in the afternoon with his British version of Zoo radio groundbreaking at the time 

Present Ken Bruce with a bit of something for everyone 

Whilst I am working at home I always try and get to make a cup of tea and do Popmaster with Ken Bruce at 1030

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

Radio 1 you mean. I don't know. 

No, him and Chris Moyles both went to Radio X at the same time, then Vernon Kay left. I never heard anything of him since.