You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Atletico Madrid (H) Champions League 11/3/20 - 20:00

Bjornebye

3 hours ago, Special K said:

Still can't quite fathom what happened last night.

Me neither, absolutely crazy. After that first period of extra time I just sat there stunned and McManaman in the background repeatedly saying don't panic, plenty of time.

Don't think I've felt like that since Arsenal in 89.

On 12/03/2020 at 10:00, deiseach said:

I get something productive done. We've a viewing on the house today so it gave me chance to run the vacuum cleaner around, take the boxers down from the curtains etc. I checked the half-time full-time scores. Seeing it at 2-2 the way I did was much less of a kick in the stones than watching it.

I get that it takes away the stress but you did miss some great footy by us, mate. 

It was really hard to take but I think being at the game and experiencing the collective disappointment is somehow easier than watching on TV. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jennings said:

I get that it takes away the stress but you did miss some great footy by us, mate. 

It was really hard to take but I think being at the game and experiencing the collective disappointment is somehow easier than watching on TV. 

Nail on the head. I said to my wife that I think I'd have been a right miserable cunt if I hadn't been at Anfield as the pride we all felt at the team's performance until Adrian's mad moment was something that I'm happy to have witnessed. The kids were in bed when I got in so they didn't have to see their dad with a fucking big shit on and come the following day I was pretty much ok with the fact that we were by far the better team who were fucked up by something beyond our control. Virus notwithstanding, I'd have taken 'just' the league this season by biting any fucker's hand off. Great side this.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jennings said:

Being at the game is completely different. My issue there is the expense, but in terms of nervous tension I've always viewed the matchday experience as a positive thing.

• 2 months later...
23 hours ago, DJLJ said:

I'm not disputing that the match most likely spiked infections, but I have no idea what kind of algorithm has come out with that specific number, how does that work? 

It could be less than 41, it could be much more, I don't get this. 

On 25/05/2020 at 14:48, Aventus said:

I'm not disputing that the match most likely spiked infections, but I have no idea what kind of algorithm has come out with that specific number, how does that work? 

It could be less than 41, it could be much more, I don't get this. 

They can track people's mobile phone movements and link people who attended the game and their whereabouts afterwards. Any deaths are in the hands of UEFA and their insistence on playing it.