You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Starting 11 for tomorrow!

ScouseAndy

This weeks starting 11 not so clearcut as usual.

I see no benefit in persisting with Kewell and would rather see Pongolle get a run and see what hes made of.

Igor has made it very difficult to drop him but I think Alonso will be important in breaking them down.

I always feel comfortable when hamann is in the team although he has definitely lost some pace. Time to think of the future.

Josemi and Hyppia both redeemed themselves on Wednesday after shockers at Blackburn.

Kirkland

Josemi Carragher Hyppia Traore

Garcia Alonso Biscan Risse

Pongolle Baros

I think he might rest Didi because he struggles to play well in successive games never mind two games in four days.

Agreed. Also, he may realise that the reception Igor will get after his performance on Wednesday night will be a further huge boost to his confidence.

I'd go for:

Kirkland

Finnan Carragher Hyypia Traore

Garcia Alonso Biscan Riise

Baros Kewell

Agreed. Also, he may realise that the reception Igor will get after his performance on Wednesday night will be a further huge boost to his confidence.

I'd go for:

Kirkland

Baros Kewell

Same as me, except we have Garcia and Kewell in different positions.

i reckon we should stop persisting with kewell. he is class when he wants to be and is shite beyond belief when he cant be arsed. for me this season he has been a lazy twat. living in leeds, im always getting stick from the shitey white leeds fans for how bad he has been. i'd love to see him succeed cause i do like him and he is a hell of a plyaer when he is the right frame of mind. i think we should leave him out for a few games and give sinama a go.

Kirkland

Josemi Carra Hyypia Traore

Garcia Hamman Alosno Riise

Pongolle Baros

i reckon we should stop persisting with kewell. he is class when he wants to be and is shite beyond belief when he cant be arsed. for me this season he has been a lazy twat. living in leeds, im always getting stick from the shitey white leeds fans for how bad he has been. i'd love to see him succeed cause i do like him and he is a hell of a plyaer when he is the right frame of mind. i think we should leave him out for a few games and give sinama a go.

Kirkland

Josemi Carra Hyypia Traore

Garcia Hamman Alosno Riise

Pongolle Baros

Where abouts in Leeds are you mate? I'm here as well. Gotta hate the cheek of Leeds fans acting smug.

I'd go for:

Kirkland

Baros Kewell

Agree with that. I'd be tempted to give Pongo a start in place of Kewell, but I'm not sure how well he'd combine with Baros. The only other alternative would be Garcia up front with Finnan moving to right mid and Josemi keeping his place at right back.

I hear Baros is 50 50 which is worry.

I would play

Kirkland

Garcia Alonso Hamman Riise

Baros Kewell

if they are all fit

Reason for Kewell

Personally i think Kewell is worried he will get injured again and thats why he doesn't look 100% commited. I thought he looked good in the first half plus I think Pongolle makes a good sub.

Maybe Biscan should start but like others said I feel safer when Hamman is in the team and Finnan is there cause I think he is better going forward, two good feet.

If Baros is even a doubt he shouldn't be considered. We can't afford for him to make a slight injury into one that could keep him out for two or three weeks. Let the lad have a rest.

Yeah totally agree - we've got some big games coming up where Baros will be vital. Rafa has told SiPo he will get some games and this is the perfect opportunity. I think Rafa has to have a serious look at him before Jan. I think with confidence in the squad high the lad can come in and make an impact. It also makes perfect sense to give Igor a run and grandad Didi a rest.

good call, we cn always bring him on when and if we need him.

Secondly someone stated they wanted to see kewell in to see if rafa could work his magic. What about the possibility that in order to get the best out of him he should get used to the possibility of being on the bench, might spark some urgency in the lad.