You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tory Cabinet Thread

Bjornebye

29 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Amess’ killer had pleaded not guilty. Could be going for a mental health defence or simply that he doesn’t recognise U.K. law. 

The mental health defence is a worry, he's got no chance of getting off with not recognising UK law.

Unless there's a shitload of medical evidence confirming a pre-existing diagnosis of a severe mental health issue he's going down, and rightly fucking so!

7 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

The mental health defence is a worry, he's got no chance of getting off with not recognising UK law.

Unless there's a shitload of medical evidence confirming a pre-existing diagnosis of a severe mental health issue he's going down, and rightly fucking so!

He’ll get whole life for this. What I can’t get my head around is that he travelled a long way to commit the crime. Imagine walking out your front door thinking “I’ve got phone, keys, wallet, now I’m off to commit a crime that means I’ll sit in on my own in a cell for 40 years then die in prison and that’s what I did with my brief time of being alive on this planet “  I can understand impulse crimes that come with a long sentence, pre mediated ones just baffle me. Surely at some point you must think this is not a good idea. 

34 minutes ago, Captain Willard said:

He’ll get whole life for this. What I can’t get my head around is that he travelled a long way to commit the crime. Imagine walking out your front door thinking “I’ve got phone, keys, wallet, now I’m off to commit a crime that means I’ll sit in on my own in a cell for 40 years then die in prison and that’s what I did with my brief time of being alive on this planet “  I can understand impulse crimes that come with a long sentence, pre mediated ones just baffle me. Surely at some point you must think this is not a good idea. 

Maybe he thinks he did god’s work.  Lee Rigby’s killers tried the same. They were gods soldiers so are above the law.  Although they both appealed the sentences they received.  

2 hours ago, Captain Willard said:

If you're going to be rewarded for all eternity in Heaven, it makes perfect sense. In fact it makes you wonder why more believers don't do it.

3 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

If you're going to be rewarded for all eternity in Heaven, it makes perfect sense. In fact it makes you wonder why more believers don't do it.

I've had arguments with anti-Muslim racists who insist that the Koran says that all Muslims have to convert or kill all non-believers.  The obvious answer (other than "no it doesn't") is "well where the fuck are they, then?"

6 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

I've had arguments with anti-Muslim racists who insist that the Koran says that all Muslims have to convert or kill all non-believers.  The obvious answer (other than "no it doesn't") is "well where the fuck are they, then?"

Not the faith & religion thread, but this is what those "racists" are referring to

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sword_Verse

7 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Not the faith & religion thread, but this is what those "racists" are referring to

Did you really put quotes around the word racists, when we're talking about people who spread inflammatory racist lies? Fucking hell. Have a word with yourself.

Yes, that is the verse that they choose to misrepresent (while ignoring all the stuff about "there is no compulsion in religion" or the specific prohibitions on killing Jews and Christians).

3 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Did you really put quotes around the word racists, when we're talking about people who spread inflammatory racist lies? Fucking hell. Have a word with yourself.

Yes, that is the verse that they choose to misrepresent (while ignoring all the stuff about "there is no compulsion in religion" or the specific prohibitions on killing Jews and Christians).

I mean, the words are there in black and white, hardly misrepresentation or inflammatory racist lies is it. If you're going to argue that it's a matter of interpretation and not to be taken literally, then how I wish you'd apply that logic to other people's manifestos too.

But, as I say, not the faith and religion thread.

1 minute ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

I mean, the words are there in black and white, hardly misrepresentation or inflammatory racist lies is it. If you're going to argue that it's a matter of interpretation and not to be taken literally, then how I wish you'd apply that logic to other people's manifestos too.

But, as I say, not the faith and religion thread.

Wow!

I'm more likely to take it to the Racism thread, you Tommy Two-Names tribute act.

Before I do that, I'd recommend you at least read the link that you posted. If you're honest, you'll then admit that you were wrong to align yourself with violent racist liars.

Just now, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Wow!

I'm more likely to take it to the Racism thread, you Tommy Two-Names tribute act.

Before I do that, I'd recommend you at least read the link that you posted. If you're honest, you'll then admit that you were wrong to align yourself with violent racist liars.

Imagine calling someone a racist for criticising religious scripture. Just imagine being that clueless.

You're an absolute comedy character.

1 minute ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Imagine calling someone a racist for criticising religious scripture. Just imagine being that clueless.

You're an absolute comedy character.

That's not what you - and your EDL spirit-brothers - doing, you squirmy prick, and you know it.

You and the rest of the racists aren't "criticising" it; you're misrepresenting it deliberately, to whip up anti-Muslim fear and hatred. It's the kind of shit that leads to violence against Muslims in this country. 

1 minute ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

That's not what you - and your EDL spirit-brothers - doing, you squirmy prick, and you know it.

You and the rest of the racists aren't "criticising" it; you're misrepresenting it deliberately, to whip up anti-Muslim fear and hatred. It's the kind of shit that leads to violence against Muslims in this country. 

I mean, how do you misrepresent "fight and slay the Pagans wherever you find them"?

The thirteen Islamic countries where atheism is punishable by death, are they misrepresenting it too?

But yeah, you just keep calling people racists, that wins the argument.

43 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

You can quote ancient text all day long, it has no relevance to 99.9% of peoples life. Deutronony 22.11 says you can’t wear wool and cotton together but not many Christians follow that line either. This stuff is only ever quoted by racists to justify their shit.  

6 minutes ago, Captain Willard said:

You can quote ancient text all day long, it has no relevance to 99.9% of peoples life. Deutronony 22.11 says you can’t wear wool and cotton together but not many Christians follow that line either. This stuff is only ever quoted by racists to justify their shit.  

No it isn't. For instance, I quote it to show the absurdity of religion, the uselessness of religion as a moral authority, and to demonstrate where the foundation of intolerance in religious countries comes from.

The idea that we shouldn't highlight that these religious texts are hateful and hate-filled simply because racists sometimes use it as a pretext for what they do, is preposterous. As is tarring people as racists simply for highlighting this hateful stuff.

1 minute ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

By pretending it refers to anyone other than an Arabian sect over a millennium ago.

Ah, so you've decided that your interpretation of the text is the right one, and everyone else's is wrong.

Funny, that's exactly what the people who commit atrocities inspired by these texts would say too.