You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Nostalgia Thread.

Bjornebye

I remember getting to the Anny Road end at about 12.00 every home game so me and my mate could get our noses up to the barriers at the front. Used to look at the people turning up in the main stand about half an hour before kick off and dream about being able to do that.

I loved the ‘Anny Road Anny Road give us a song’ and ‘Kopites are gobshites’ reply when there was a lull in the game. What a time that was to support the reds and hopefully the youngsters today will get a good run at it with this team.

• Upvote 2

• 2 months later...
On 31/01/2020 at 18:47, Jimmy Hills Chin said:

I remember getting to the Anny Road end at about 12.00 every home game so me and my mate could get our noses up to the barriers at the front. Used to look at the people turning up in the main stand about half an hour before kick off and dream about being able to do that.

I loved the ‘Anny Road Anny Road give us a song’ and ‘Kopites are gobshites’ reply when there was a lull in the game. What a time that was to support the reds and hopefully the youngsters today will get a good run at it with this team.

Haha, yeah great days and those gobshite chant. Fucking biffs used to go on the Annie terraces thinking they were somehow a better class of supporter.

I miss the half time score codes in front of the Kemlyn white washed wall. Hardly ever bought a proggy so you had to try and work out what game was A, B, C, D etc.

And the fucking tannoy with all those trumpet like speakers right down the other end of the Main Stand were worst than useless when you were in the Kop. Used to sound like you were stood on platform 4 at Lime Street and a British Rail announcement at times.

1 hour ago, dockers_strike said:

Haha, yeah great days and those gobshite chant. Fucking biffs used to go on the Annie terraces thinking they were somehow a better class of supporter.

I miss the half time score codes in front of the Kemlyn white washed wall. Hardly ever bought a proggy so you had to try and work out what game was A, B, C, D etc.

And the fucking tannoy with all those trumpet like speakers right down the other end of the Main Stand were worst than useless when you were in the Kop. Used to sound like you were stood on platform 4 at Lime Street and a British Rail announcement at times.

It’s funny, the facilities these days are so much better but you wouldn’t have swapped it for anything. Winning what seemed to be every game at home didn’t hurt like.

5 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

I was in the Main Stand as a kid but when I started going by myself I mainly went in the Anny Rd, about 85 I'd just moved down here and went up for the Milk Cup semi v Southampton, the mate went in the Kop and I went in the Anny Rd to see if there's anyone I knew, got in at in for £4 I think and walked along behind the goal and heard a few lads shout me, so just jumped over, don't suppose that goes on now, won 3/1 Dalglish, Molby and can't think who else, maybe 3/0, Spackmans first game I think too. 

We are the Champions-Queen, seemed like every end of season.

Champions flag blowing in the wind on the Kop flagpole.

Singing "Bring on the Champions."

Singing "Hows the party going now to Gerald Sinstadt"

Missus queuing up at Broadway Co-op for The Kings autograph for me, courtesy of KP nuts.

And this fuckin virus is going to remove some of these moments for the younger generation in a new era of dominance.

This is a football forum so we talk of football and how corona effects it, we all know where it lies in the grand scheme of things, we'd rather our health and family/friends even strangers be as safe and well as possible. Its been said football is the most important of the least important things to some of us. It's not even that high for me if I'm honest. It gets less so every year even with our recent success.

But if we win the title every single game the following season we can sing we are the champions. The rest of the country hates us (everyone seems to hate everyone to be fair ) it burns that we have done it without an oligarch or oil state. It burns we have a manager most would love to have not just because he's great at his job but he's also a top human being. On the other foot if we are denied the title they will take great joy in it.  Don't forget that this team earnt where it is and that's the thing above all else if we don't win it it's not because of football (regardless of the opinions of fruitloop conspiracy theorists which no facts back up). Fans who rejoice in us not winning it because of a killer virus are not football fans, theyre not fans of sport. Christ they aren't even decent human beings. 

Well before the virus so many other fans were saying it's won, its only Liverpool fans who are saying it's not, we didn't admit to ourselves it was pretty much won until that first time the crowd sung "were gonna win the league" even then some fans hated it. Now all of a sudden "It's not won, it's voided, you can't have this title, it's disgusting your'e thinking about it". 

It's not a sport anymore to many fans, its WWE, a soap opera, a tribal passion that mostly feeds on hate. So if this season is voided I could gladly and at peace walk away from football because a full stop has been put on the end of it for me personally. No longer having to listen to bile, hypocracy, to the genuine nasty horrible shit some people say or write over a goddamn sport just because I grew up loving football. Thats not a holier than thou sentiment either it applies to me and liverpool fans too, some of the best people and best football fans I know are Evertonians even mancunians!!! Its a football thing not club specific. I've been tempted to do it for a long time but it's not easy, it's a part of your life everyday for as long as you can remember, it will be like putting your dog down but id move on. Shit even if the season is completed and we win the title I might still jib it, i feel like I've had enough of the childishness of it, the joy no longer outweighs the misery. I can't see it getting better, christ a man who allegedly orderered the murder and dismemberment of a journalist because he didn't like what he was writing is about to buy an English football club and make it the richest in the world. At some point what's the point, it really is becoming WWE only with more predictable storylines. 

I think lockdown is getting to me.

• Upvote 4

• 2 weeks later...