You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

Anubis

Tielemans for me, very hard working and a great engine plus he can make killer passes and score a few screamers. Only on loan.

Madison a good prospect but he would cost a bomb, same applies to Jimenez but he would be awesome to alternate with Firmino.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Grinch said:

Milner can't play two games a week and Chamerlain can't be relied on in the slightest. 

Midfield can definitely be doing with a boost in quality.   There's an chasm between us and City's midfield. 

I agree. But who would you ditch for whom? Assuming DeBruyne isn't immediately available to take Henderson's slot...

29 minutes ago, Grinch said:

There's an chasm between us and City's midfield. 

I assume you're talking about goals, assists & creation.  I'd say our CM is as good as any midfield in Europe without the ball.

A fully settled Keita & a fully fit Ox will definitely help with this, as will playing Henderson as an 8 over Gini (who looks best as a 6 IMO).

But we should also note that there's a massive difference between our full backs & City's.  Our midfield allow our full backs to get forward more as they will cover when that happens.  

City might has a more productive CM, but we've more productive full backs.

I did like the last 20 minutes on the weekend of Keita & Ox as the 8s.  Looked lively, threatening & full of energy.

• Upvote 3

57 minutes ago, Josef Svejk said:

I agree. But who would you ditch for whom? Assuming DeBruyne isn't immediately available to take Henderson's slot...

Well Lallana can be shot out of a cannon for a start.   He's only given Stringest about one chance to gush over him this season. 

Milner has to go sooner or later.   We've reached the stage where we need to start adding top drawer players and saying goodbye to a few likeable good players. 

As for who... I don't know, I watch Liverpool every week and don't have to time to watch every league in Europe like some on here claim they do. 

Klopp and his team will do the business again though,  I'm certain of that now.   I just hope they aren't hamstrung by the stupid homegrown rules cause there simply isn't the quality there to buy English. 

Well if your talking about getting rid of Milner, Lallana(agreed) and the likes you better hope there is some quality British players to fill in the squad rules. That's why I'd be looking for a older British keeper to be back up and let the young ( Irish?) keeper keep that 3rd string choice. 

1 minute ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

Fuck losing Milner this summer.

Pick his games accordingly until he asks to go or age stops him performing.

Exactly.  He covers half the positions on our team as well.

1 hour ago, J-V said:

Exactly.  He covers half the positions on our team as well.

Yeah it’d be good to bring in a versatile player who could cover loads of positions. Off the top of my head, there’s Maitland-Niles, Saul Niguez and Eric Dier. Dier isn’t good enough, and the other two wouldn’t be worth the price (tho I rate Maitland-Niles quite highly). Anyone else?

Of course it's nice having the luxury of utility players but it shouldn't be a transfer strategy. Playing out of position should be done in emergencies and cakewalk Cup games only, buy enough cover in the first place. 

2 minutes ago, Remmie said:

Of course it's nice having the luxury of utility players but it shouldn't be a transfer strategy. Playing out of position should be done in emergencies and cakewalk Cup games only, buy enough cover in the first place. 

Don't get this at all. Versatility is one of the best qualities a player can have and it should absolutely be a factor when deciding to buy a player.

3 minutes ago, Remmie said:

A few on here were all in on Ndidi last season, but not heard him mentioned at all this year. Has he been injured, form fell off a cliff, lost his place or something else? 

He's world class at winning the ball back and he has a massive engine. We have lots of players in his position but if we had a need for him, he'd no doubt be close to the top of our list.