You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tottenham at Anfield, February 4th 2018

Captain

It's not like you to moan about the team prior to kick-off.

Just seems strange to me to not pick Wijnaldum who normally does ok against these fast teams at home or maybe AoC who was excellent against City at home in favour of Milner and Can who are dead slow against a quick team.

We'll see how it pans out.

It looks to me like he’s picking players and specifically the midfield on form. The midfield did really well in the last game and Wijnaldum hasn’t been at it (other than the city game) for a while. It suited us more with Henderson in front of the defence and gave Can some freedom. A toss up between the Ox and Milner but I like Milner on the pitch in any big game.

Biggest risk for me is TAA so hopefully he rises to it. He was really poor in his last start.

Kane is brilliant but it pisses me off he's worked out this well for Spurs. Wasn't even that highly rated, wasn't exactly wonderful out on loan as a young player, only got his chance because Pochettino hated Adebayor and Soldado, quite understandably.

It's basically an accident he's this important to them, it's like Ryan Kent finishes this season out on loan then comes back to us and turns into Ronaldo next season.

So you're saying there's a chance...

We need to be streetwise to fuck in this game today. Every time they come near our players we should be going to ground and picking up free kicks (and the odd yellow) wherever we can. Watching them against the mancs the other day and they dominated them with ease so we need to be cute here as these fucks will be throwing themselves all over the place when they get near our box and we can’t afford to be letting Erikson get within range.

It looks to me like he’s picking players and specifically the midfield on form. The midfield did really well in the last game and Wijnaldum hasn’t been at it (other than the city game) for a while. It suited us more with Henderson in front of the defence and gave Can some freedom. A toss up between the Ox and Milner but I like Milner on the pitch in any big game.

Biggest risk for me is TAA so hopefully he rises to it. He was really poor in his last start.

Has his hands full with Son today....maybe Milner is in there to offer some protection to him.

I'd much prefer Wijnaldum over Milner too. Combined with Henderson it should at least provide us with a bit more stability and allow us to block their counters better. The downside to this is that we will be a bit less adventurous going forward. Interesting to see if both fullbacks are being told to attack. Arnold and Salah should be able to cause Davies a lot of problems, he was woeful against us last year - Mane completely ripped him apart.

I'm still slightly optimistic, but that midfield is our poorest combo in my view. 

Come on you reds!