You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tottenham at Anfield, February 4th 2018

Captain

Just asking - "Hey can you have a look at the telly on this" is a sacking offence.

Its against the rules ya blert.

Is it?

The Premier League was last night under pressure to commission an independent investigation into Jon Moss’s handling of the dramatic climax to Liverpool’s Premier League draw with Tottenham after his bosses failed to explain his potentially-illegal request for “TV” assistance.

Interesting semantics at play in that Ref statement 

"Jon Moss was in a good position to see that a Liverpool player deliberately played the ball before it fell to Harry Kane in the penalty area. He then correctly judged that Kane was fouled by Loris Karius," the statement said.

"However, given the speed of the attack he was uncertain of the identity of the Liverpool player who kicked the ball.

In which case Moss would surely have said something like 'I have no idea who touched the ball - but there was a touch' 

He never said that, he said 'I have no idea whether Lovren touched the ball to be honest honest with you'

Then for clarification the Linesman repeated the question and again, he said 'I don't know' (If Lovren touched the ball. 

He clearly hadn't seen anyone touch the ball but gave the pen. 

Interesting semantics at play in that Ref statement 

"Jon Moss was in a good position to see that a Liverpool player deliberately played the ball before it fell to Harry Kane in the penalty area. He then correctly judged that Kane was fouled by Loris Karius," the statement said.

"However, given the speed of the attack he was uncertain of the identity of the Liverpool player who kicked the ball.

In which case Moss would surely have said something like 'I have no idea who touched the ball - but there was a touch' 

He never said that, he said 'I have no idea whether Lovren touched the ball to be honest honest with you'

Then for clarification the Linesman repeated the question and again, he said 'I don't know' (If Lovren touched the ball. 

He clearly hadn't seen anyone touch the ball but gave the pen. 

And.... even if Lovren did touch the ball, it's still offside as Clatteburg has already told us.

So we have a ref apointed by the FA who:

1. Doesn't know the offside rule
  2. Wrongly thinks Kane is onside IF the ball touches Lovren. Doesn't know if it touched Lovren and still gives a pen.
  3. Against the rules asks for VAR.
  4. Lies about the whole thing afterwards.

It's all well documented through media coverage, so noone can hide behind the "no proof" argument. The worst thing is FA probaly won't suspend him.

• Upvote 1

I blame Lovren, big Ragnar would never have fluffed that clearance.

As far as the offside on Kane goes, the FA's statement contradicts what Clattenburg is saying in that Lovren had to deliberately kick the ball in Kane's direction for him to be onside. The FA are saying that the direction the ball goes is irrelevant if the attempt to kick the ball is deliberate.

Clueless the fucking lot of them!

As far as the offside on Kane goes, the FA's statement contradicts what Clattenburg is saying in that Lovren had to deliberately kick the ball in Kane's direction for him to be onside. The FA are saying that the direction the ball goes is irrelevant if the attempt to kick the ball is deliberate.

Point is Clattenburg is right, FA's only trying to cover up Moss' error.

There must be hundreds of incidents where a player has been ruled offside when a defender has touched the ball in an effort to block a pass. Wish I had time to gather proof.

And.... even if Lovren did touch the ball, it's still offside as Clatteburg has already told us.

So we have a ref apointed by the FA who:

• Doesn't know the offside rule
  • Wrongly thinks Kane is onside IF the ball touches Lovren. Doesn't know if it touched Lovren and still gives a pen.
  • Against the rules asks for VAR.
  • Lies about the whole thing afterwards.

It's all well documented through media coverage, so noone can hide behind the "no proof" argument. The worst thing is FA probaly won't suspend him.

Expect Bobby to be charged to cover this up. FA justice.

• Upvote 1

precisely, because he is as fucking useless as the officials. that we can control, the other we can't

• 2 weeks later...