You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

AngryOfTuebrook

He does have a couple. But read that Bayern think he has just dropped off a bit. Think abit like Roma selling Nainggolan its a case of get rid now with a year or so of good play left. I think both go down hill very quickly as there whole game based on energy

He is coming back from arthroscopic I just read -- doh!!

James Pearce✔

@JamesPearceEcho

Danny Ings has trained fully with #LFC in Evian this week. He won't feature v Napoli tomorrow as he prepares to seal a move away. Reds confident of banking £20m plus add-ons for the striker.

Crystal Palace, Leicester, Southampton and Newcastle are among the clubs believed to be chasing a deal for Ings, with his price tag believed to have moved beyond the £20m mark with bids that have already been received. [@RealKevinPalmer]

"Rhian Brewster should be fit by December/January time. He’s part of the first-team set up now and Klopp believes he has a big future at the club, but there’s no rush," (@JamesPearceEcho)

James Pearce: "Christian Pulisic has developed a lot but he’s still far from the finished article. He only has two years left on his contract and if he doesn’t sign an extension I’d expect Liverpool to be keen next summer."

James Pearce: "I still think a season-long loan at Cardiff is the most likely move for Marko Grujic. There had been talk about him moving permanently with Lazio keen but Liverpool would prefer that he signs a contract extension and then goes on loan. He has a lot of potential."

James Pearce on a Nabil Fekir alternative: "The money is there for Klopp to further strengthen if he wishes but barring a late change of heart he seems happy to push on with what he’s got."

James Pearce✔

@JamesPearceEcho

Told there’s no truth in suggestions that #LFC are in talks about loaning Origi to Fenerbahce

It does just feel like something is going to happen with Fekir before the window closes I think. Aulas has actually shut the fuck up for a couple of days which I think is a good sign. I think the club are playing the hand of we will go into the season as is unless you come back to us and change the price/terms. Lyon are clearly desperate to cash in and Edwards seems like he knows what he’s doing.

Ramsey is not class. He’s been absolutely clueless for years. He’s living off the reputation of that decent season he had about 5 years ago because too many people just watch their own club. Have you actually watched him play recently? He cannot defend and his wandering makes Pogba look like he’s Claude Makelele. He’s a liability for Arsenal.

There's barely space for Lallana, Sturridge and Oxlade-Chamberlain in the treatment room. Add Fekir and Ramsey we would have to employ extra doctors and maybe even door staff to control the numbers. At least Ings is hopefully leaving space for one more.

Ramsey is not class. He’s been absolutely clueless for years. He’s living off the reputation of that decent season he had about 5 years ago because too many people just watch their own club. Have you actually watched him play recently? He cannot defend and his wandering makes Pogba look like he’s Claude Makelele. He’s a liability for Arsenal.

It's a question of profiles. Would Ramsey look good running around in our high tempo game? I think so. Just because he's not progressing at Arsenal doesn't mean he wouldn't do very well for another club. That's a mistake supporters make all the time when they try to judge potential transfers. 

• Upvote 1

David Maddock

@MaddockMirror

No #LFC interest in Aaron Ramsey - no chance of any further Liverpool signings before window closes. Reds will concentrate on outgoings, Mignolet, Origi, Ojo, Grujic could all go, some on loan. Danny Ings will also depart next week - though Palace not favourites.

Really do feel that a good window could have been a truly great window with 2 more additions - namely a reliable back up forward and the much discussed "Coutinho replacement" or attacking midfielder, especially given the AOC situation - numbers wise are we actually any stronger in midfield than last season...and look at what happened near end of season, we could barely get a midfield out and had literally the 3 having to play game after game.

Such a fucking shame what has happened to AOC he was really starting to look the business and become integral to how we play...massive loss.

When the games start coming thick and fast we are going to be stretched again especially with permacrocks like Sturridge and Lallana seemingly being our back up in key areas.

He does have a couple. But read that Bayern think he has just dropped off a bit. Think abit like Roma selling Nainggolan its a case of get rid now with a year or so of good play left. I think both go down hill very quickly as there whole game based on energy

As a wise man once said, let their legs go on someone else's pitch. 

Really do feel that a good window could have been a truly great window with 2 more additions - namely a reliable back up forward and the much discussed "Coutinho replacement" or attacking midfielder, especially given the AOC situation - numbers wise are we actually any steinger in midfield than last season...and look at what happened near end of season, we could barely get a midfield out and had literally the 3 having to play game after game.

When the games start coming thick and fast we are going to be stretched again especially with permacrocks like Sturridge and Lallana seemingly being our back up in key areas.

Exactly.

It has been a good window indeed, much better than I expected to be honest. However I still don't think "the club" is doing enough, we're on a high right now and we don't know if this chance is going to come round again. I have every faith in Klopp to do his very best with us, the best anyone could do, but still we can't expect him to win something as the critics have been saying. We're still short. Let's hope we're in as strong a position next summer, maybe even stronger.

Exactly.

It has been a good window indeed, much better than I expected to be honest. However I still don't think "the club" is doing enough, we're on a high right now and we don't know if this chance is going to come round again. I have every faith in Klopp to do his very best with us, the best anyone could do, but still we can't expect him to win something as the critics have been saying. We're still short. Let's hope we're in as strong a position next summer, maybe even stronger.

After we’ve blown everyone away this season, I can see De Bruyne trying to force his way out of City to come and play for Jurgen’s tricky reds.