You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

AngryOfTuebrook

I think relying on the fitness of Henderson and Lallana in particular is a worry. Despite the money spent it still feels like we're just falling short and there might never be a better time to strike while the iron is hot.

I don't think any major player is leaving this summer, fingers crossed, but that could change over the next year and we'll be back in transition.

I reckon Klopp’s waiting to see who leaves now before buying again. Ings, Sturridge, Origi & Markovic go then we’re short of depth up front and Fekir comes in.

Time for some Friday afternoon fun with Spurs ITK's.

Yesterday's update.

Hercules said:

Martial off the menu!

Oh well, you know football. Not new to us is it?

And today's.

Hercules said:

Clarification on Zaha. As papers are saying; only player/s exchange and cash. You can imagine the list of players. We have our minimum value on players we are prepared to let go, either straight sale, or exchanges. We value Zaha around 55m mark.

I can’t see it myself happening, due to past negotiation tactics and history our end. Going to the wire won’t cut it, and likely to fail (opinion) as Palace holds the cards. Poch wants the deal. It was either Martial or Zaha. We did explore another option, but very difficult to deal with agents of a certain player overseas.

This is where I wonder how it will play out if Poch does not get his player, seeing Martial and another in that department hit the buffers.

Over to you Daniel

Hercules said:

I am a passionate fan, which exceeds 50 years, and I have seen a lot first hand. You can put it on a biscuit tin Poch was given assurances, to which I won’t recycle, as we know what they were.

I understand the comments about not paying what we deem OTT in players like Zaha. I stated that our kitty is what it is, but inflation is seen nowhere like our sport. Now if Palace want 65m for him, and 1 or 2 players are thrown in, with us paying say 40m, then pay the farking thing on instalments agreed. And that is how Parish operates.

We have been farting around too long. Announcement/s Monday-Wednesday still stands. I wait with baited breath. Yes! I was optimistic earlier, but less so now. I am not going to bs anybody. You deserve to know the truth.

Hopefully this leaks, and club gets wind, and up there game. And anyone who believes that a certain person is ‘belly happy’, you are then deluded. Many things I would love to say but can’t.

Supposedly De Ligt and Pulisic were top targets too, but have gone quiet.

Time for some Friday afternoon fun with Spurs ITK's.

Supposedly De Ligt and Pulisic were top targets too, but have gone quiet.

If Spurs get Martial I will be upset.

If they get Zaha for 60m+ I will laugh myself silly. That would be brilliant. Who is he supposedly keeping out of their team? Son? He's nowhere near as good. I'm not sure he's any better or offers anything different than Lucas Moura who's hardly been a raging success.

• Upvote 2

Not entirely. I think we're just high end money ballin'. I feel like the owners have realised that if we spend £70m on a player we can get £140m back if they leave. Which is fair enough. I'd sooner do that than spend £100m on Ronaldo for a couple of good years, at least our way ensures a future.